The Celtic All Seasons thread

40 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

In the half dozen games he played for you, f**k all,

So that's why celtic fans on social 4aren't happy with him, thanks for clearing it up Drew.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

What's he done?

Claimed if he was handed the league like Celtic have been he wouldn't celebrate.

Let's take in to account the only medal he has is from playing in Ireland for a semi professional team. If he won the league in similar fashion at Rangers then he'd be happy with himself. And rightly so.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Claimed if he was handed the league like Celtic have been he wouldn't celebrate.

Let's take in to account the only medal he has is from playing in Ireland for a semi professional team. If he won the league in similar fashion at Rangers then he'd be happy with himself. And rightly so.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Listen, I congratulate Celtic on their nine in a row, but it will always be thrown back at that team [that they didn’t win it on the pitch], and that’s a shame.

“Unlike the Celtic teams in the 60s and 70s they’ll always be an ‘if’ or a ‘but’ that will be labelled at this team.

“In a way I just feel sorry for the players, sorry for the ones who have been there through it all

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Seems pretty fair to me.

Listen, I congratulate Celtic on their nine in a row, but it will always be thrown back at that team [that they didn’t win it on the pitch], and that’s a shame.

“Unlike the Celtic teams in the 60s and 70s they’ll always be an ‘if’ or a ‘but’ that will be labelled at this team.

“In a way I just feel sorry for the players, sorry for the ones who have been there through it all

“But, as a result, history will not look too kindly on this Celtic nine-in-a-row team and that will hurt the current crop of players.

“They’ll never be revered in the same light as the great Celtic sides that won nine-in-a row between 1966 and 1974, or the Rangers teams between 1989 and 1997.

“Those players are Old Firm royalty. They won Championships after titanic and terrific battles against top sides.

“Yet, the Celtic sides of the last nine years, while successful, will be remembered for winning titles when Rangers weren’t in the league and then being handed the title.

“That must be so frustrating for players who thrive on competition. I say this as a former professional footballer and a competitor, not as a former Rangers player.

“I would feel exactly the same way if it were the blue half of Glasgow in this position.

“I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating because, as a professional sportsperson, you crave competition, the thrill of the win after a hard-fought battle and knowing you have given everything possible to beat your opponent on a level playing field.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Seems pretty fair tbh. If we'd won it that manner we'd be under constant attack from opposition fans, not sure that I'd want that constant hassle. 

Comedy Central Lol GIF

Come on now Benny!

Edited by Merkland Red

Seems pretty fair tbh. If we'd won it that manner we'd be under constant attack from opposition fans, not sure that I'd want that constant hassle. 

The biggest losers in all this are Celtic, denied winning it on the pitch and celebrating a magnificent achievement. And now havin to listen to this from 2nd placers for the rest of eternity.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The biggest losers in all this are Celtic, denied winning it on the pitch and celebrating a magnificent achievement. And now havin to listen to this from 2nd placers for the rest of eternity.

No. It's Hearts, Partick and Stranraer.

To suggest different is stupid.

What was the "all this" you were referring to? More OF tit for tat?
The 'all this' I was referring to was 'all this' talk of a tainted title. As I said, it was a discussion on celtic getting the title handed to them, on a celtic thread. Hope that clears it up for you.

25 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:
What was the "all this" you were referring to? More OF tit for tat?

The 'all this' I was referring to was 'all this' talk of a tainted title. As I said, it was a discussion on celtic getting the title handed to them, on a celtic thread. Hope that clears it up for you.

Well then no. The biggest losers are the team that didn't win the league in that scenario.