The Celtic All Seasons thread

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
21 minutes ago, gannonball said:
Only found out today that Lawwell’s salary has gone up even further and after horrific bonuses his salary last year averaged at 70,000 per week. The guy knows his stuff but given that is over twice our highest paid players at the club its ridiculously distorted.

I have been saying that for years, any time Celtic fans start realising it then he points at ra Gers and says, look theyum, and all the bad things go away. As long as the Tory tax dodger (aye I know), makes his cut your support will be short changed.

I just find it strange that we have had a maximum wage structure that hasn't changed much since the turn of the millennium (loan deals aside)  that we don't really go above 30 grand a week yet he's allowed to coin in so much, it must grate some of the players.

Whilst I do acknowledge his business nous his multiple f**k ups regarding  investment to get to the champions league (this season included but probably a blessing in disguise we didn't) cant be ignored yet his bonuses remain higher than ever. We were utterly rudderless for years after appointing Deila and giving him shite like Carlton Cole and Kazim Richards to play with, fans voted with their feet causing the a whole section of a stand to be closed. Go even further back and you have the Bobo Balde debacle, barely attempting to sign a much needed striker when we were crying out for one under Strachan and costing us the league. These are multi million pound f**k ups. 

Guest Moomintroll
I knew it wasn't true.
giphy.gif.c49216c3f3b5d9b142b4dbcf57ab4dfb.gif
Tbf I must be the only Tory in the country who actively wants to pay an extra penny in the pound on Income Tax to help sort out the NHS.

On 27/11/2019 at 18:50, gannonball said:

I just find it strange that we have had a maximum wage structure that hasn't changed much since the turn of the millennium (loan deals aside)  that we don't really go above 30 grand a week yet he's allowed to coin in so much, it must grate some of the players.

Whilst I do acknowledge his business nous his multiple f**k ups regarding  investment to get to the champions league (this season included but probably a blessing in disguise we didn't) cant be ignored yet his bonuses remain higher than ever. We were utterly rudderless for years after appointing Deila and giving him shite like Carlton Cole and Kazim Richards to play with, fans voted with their feet causing the a whole section of a stand to be closed. Go even further back and you have the Bobo Balde debacle, barely attempting to sign a much needed striker when we were crying out for one under Strachan and costing us the league. These are multi million pound f**k ups. 

iron man eye roll GIF

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

"We had a manager for a couple of years that didn't win absolutely everything"

Deila I actually liked and still do, but he was initially interviewed for an assistants job though and only got offered the managers job after they offered Roy Keane was less money than he was being paid as assistant manager at Villa. We couldn't get any name at all for the managers gig with the money we were offering.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

"Absolutely nothing to do with no Sevco in the league".

Well Im not pretending that wasn't a factor, but if we stuck with Deila then I doubt that section that was shut would have been opened permanently.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Deila I actually liked and still do, but he was initially interviewed for an assistants job though and only got offered the managers job after they offered Roy Keane was less money than he was being paid as assistant manager at Villa. We couldn't get any name at all for the managers gig with the money we were offering.

Well Im not pretending that wasn't a factor, but if we stuck with Deila then I doubt that section that was shut would have been opened permanently.

For me a lot of fans have a lack of understanding what actually happened through those years and certain managers like Lennon and Deila get little credit for what they did.
Strachan left Lennon with an ageing squad between Lennon and Deila they built a Squad to last to the present day.
Rodgers recruitment was shit and couldn't replace the squad with better players but raised the level of the football department with his experience at EPL level.
Now it's back in the hands of Lennon with a squad going into it's best years and a football/recruitment department back where it should be.

5 games in 11 days for Celtic will test the best squad in the country.
Fans on here post about Celtic having the money and resources but playing 15 more games a season in the same time frame is a leveller.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

5 games in 11 days for Celtic will test the best squad in the country.
Fans on here post about Celtic having the money and resources but playing 15 more games a season in the same time frame is a leveller.

You are utterly desperate to prolong this fantasy of Celtic winning against the odds by sheer pluck and endeavour, aren't you? :lol:

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me a lot of fans have a lack of understanding what actually happened through those years and certain managers like Lennon and Deila get little credit for what they did.
Strachan left Lennon with an ageing squad between Lennon and Deila they built a Squad to last to the present day.
Rodgers recruitment was shit and couldn't replace the squad with better players but raised the level of the football department with his experience at EPL level.
Now it's back in the hands of Lennon with a squad going into it's best years and a football/recruitment department back where it should be.

Yeah Deila never really had a chance, they gave him the job as nobody else wanted it, made his assistant John Collins who they felt had the same outlook regarding fitness etc but ignored the murmurings of his terrible man management with Hibs so never really had his own man or a buffer between him and the players. Add in been given no money to spend yet expected to win every Domestic trophy made it a hard gig for him.

On 02/12/2019 at 16:16, nsr said:

You are utterly desperate to prolong this fantasy of Celtic winning against the odds by sheer pluck and endeavour, aren't you? :lol:

It is laughable , when motherwell got to 2 cup finals in the same season they still only played 9 or 10 games less than the Celtic players.
If teams in the same league as Celtic are only playing 45-47 games and Celtic are playing 59-61 games a season it's only right the players get a better wage.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It is laughable , when motherwell got to 2 cup finals in the same season they still only played 9 or 10 games less than the Celtic players.
If teams in the same league as Celtic are only playing 45-47 games and Celtic are playing 59-61 games a season it's only right the players get a better wage.

That's blatantly pish, since you're on about the year Well made two finals...

17/18 - Most minutes played in all Competitions. 

Celtic - Callum McGregor (55 games) - 3,851 minutes

Motherwell - Carl McHugh (47 games) - 3,893 minutes

A full 40 minutes difference in favour of Celtic.

Edited by RandomGuy.