The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He’s the only player we have that hasn’t played a bad game in Europe, he more than holds his own  there which few of our players do. Oh and he also has the simpletons in the diddy ranks raging, see post below....  

No real rage just find the feeling of entitlement Celtic fans have to be unbelievable. He'll be a complete flop.

I'm intrigued, I've seen a lot of Tierney - what is it Celtic fans rate so much? is it just because he's "one of us" or because he tries to act a hard man like Scott Brown by turning up to training in the snow in a t shirt etc?

Have to admit I’m with you mate.

Obviously he’s above “average” in our league but I’ve never seen the fuss tbh.

Amazing what standing with the ordinary punter does, or shouting in a megaphone or rushing back from the hospital does.

None of which is on the pitch....

You often get players who will engineer the move regardless of price, Tierney hasn’t flashed his knickers once in this game.

Wonder why ? Must be hard trying to keep the “one of our own” charade up. Look what happened to Rodgers after all.....

3 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Out of curiosity, how much do you believe him to be worth? 

I'd say the original bid of 15 million would be fair for Scotlands 2nd choice left back with injury problems.

I have it from a good source who will remain nameless (I.e Scott Bain) that Tierney has wanted away for some time but would prefer trying abroad, Rogic also wants out ASAP, Bitton bought a McLaren and Jullien looks absolute dog dirt in training.

Tierney is a very good fullback who is capable of doing well in England. Folk saying otherwise are trying too hard IMO.

Plenty of people were jumping up and down not long ago that he wasn’t ambitious enough to try a higher level as well.

6 minutes ago, red23 said:

I'd say the original bid of 15 million would be fair for Scotlands 2nd choice left back with injury problems.

On 13/07/2019 at 12:38, red23 said:

He's worth £10 million tops. Not seeing anything that suggests otherwise.

Celtic really seem to think they are something special winning a piss poor league, where most teams recruit from league two in England, again and again with a massive budget. Yet in europe you get utterly destroyed and players like Tierney are shown up to be the average players they are.

Players that you consider no better than average and who are routinely shown up in big games are worth no more than 10 million but a 15 million pound bid is fair.  Interesting. 

In the current transfer market and especially England, Tierney is most certainly worth the £25 million allegedly bid by Arsenal, the only caveat would be his recent injury history, however when figures like £50 million are being banded about for McGinn and £85 million+ for that big dumplin that plays for Leicester, then I don't think anyone could doubt that KT is worth at least £25 million given his track record to date.

23 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

You often get players who will engineer the move regardless of price, Tierney hasn’t flashed his knickers once in this game.

Seems weird that it's being reported that Tierney has told the club he wants to leave and asked that the offer be accepted in that case. 

4 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Players that you consider no better than average and who are routinely shown up in big games are worth no more than 10 million but a 15 million pound bid is fair.  Interesting. 

A player worth no more than £10 million being prised away for £15 as per Arsenals bid is more than reasonable.

Edited by red23

40 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Out of curiosity, how much do you believe him to be worth? 

Herein lies the problem, people get so caught up in their own mostly biased opinions of worth.

A players value is nothing but the value of who holds his registration bargained against what the club seeking his services is willing to pay.

if Arsenal payed you 75milion my only thought would be well played! Arsenal really want what you have and you made them pay for it.

if you put any credence in what some randomguy from any team on the internet says about a players value,more fool you.

McKenna is 12m btw😉