The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not wrong. Using Aberdeen fans own example, Van Djik was an Internationalist, title winning, 24yo CB with 27 appearances in the CL when he moved for £12m.

McKenna is a 22yo International CB, with a top half Scottish side.

£5m up front, with potential for the fee to breach £8m, seems fair.

Van Dijk was years ago. As far as I can read online he had two years left on his deal and wanted to leave Scotland after Celtic were knocked out by Malmo.

McKenna also helps Celtic in regards to squad registration rules.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree. But does Lennon have the same influence as Rodgers to attract quality players?

It looks more like the model Celtic tried to use under rocket Ronny in terms of bringing in young Scottish players, raising their profile and selling them on at a good profit a few years later.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but does make Celtic appear less untouchable to the rest of the league, particularly in one off matches.

Very early days though as you say, we'll see how it all goes over the next few months.

Lennon is making a lot of changes to the squad however he will also have an idea of how the new look squad looks. He has already moved on Boyata and if he moves on Tierney, N’tcham and McGregor you can only assume he already has quality replacements lined up. He will also have a replacement lined up for Lustig.

Reading his comments I wonder if Griffiths is going to play a prominent part in his starting 11 ?

Time will tell. 

a) It is Real Madrid.
b) Bore off you insufferable one eyed troll & take wasteofspacewilly with you on the way out.
Simmer doon hen.

You've posted here more than anyone. You seem massively bothered about everything Celtic do.

Classic diddy [emoji1]

For me losing Tierney or Calmac doesn't bare thinking about if we did they will be very hard to replace.
At left back we could go for Taylor at the famous pies or the bhoy at Rosenburg.
As far as McKenna goes I don't think he is any better than sviatchenko Celtic could get a better player abroad for £5 million.

Guest Moomintroll
Simmer doon hen.

You've posted here more than anyone. You seem massively bothered about everything Celtic do.

Classic diddy [emoji1]
When you look in the mirror, do you see The_Kincardine? My entire family, except from me, are Celtic supporters. I just offer my own opinion & if something that the people who run Killie do deserves a shellacking, they will get it without fear or favour as I am not interested in toeing a party line just because theyum, whomever they might be.

When you look in the mirror, do you see The_Kincardine? My entire family, except from me, are Celtic supporters. I just offer my own opinion & if something that the people who run Killie do deserves a shellacking, they will get it without fear or favour as I am not interested in toeing a party line just because theyum, whomever they might be.
Got you're dull.

Guest Moomintroll
For me losing Tierney or Calmac doesn't bare thinking about if we did they will be very hard to replace.
At left back we could go for Taylor at the famous pies or the bhoy at Rosenburg.
As far as McKenna goes I don't think he is any better than sviatchenko Celtic could get a better player abroad for £5 million.
Away with this Taylor nonsense.

Aberdeen have not received a bid from Celtic for star defender Scott McKenna.

Record Sport understands reports of a £5million offer being knocked back are wide of the mark.

Celtic were rebuffed last summer in their chase for the Scotland star, with then boss Brendan Rodgers having a £3.5m offer turned down.

Aberdeen value the 22-year-old highly and they also turfed out a £6.5m bid from Aston Villa in 20186.

Derek McInnes is in no rush to let his key man leave, with the stopper under contract at Pittodrie until 2023.

The Dons value McKenna at £10million, with the likes of Championship side Stoke also failing to strike a deal in the past

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
23 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Away with this Taylor nonsense.

Celtic could raid killies back line but for O'Donnell and Findlay it would just be like Mulgrew the bhoys would be just coming home.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Guest Moomintroll
Celtic could raid killies back line but for O'Donnell and Findlay it would just be like Mulgrew the bhoys would be just coming home.
O'Donnell Ajer Findlay Taylor would make me sad & proud at the same time.