The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Only real problem celti  had was with players missing after the Dubai game and they dropped 4 points, which was all of their own making. It made very little difference to gap between Rangers and celtic.

Yet you debate the same point from last season.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

If you consider players missing games due to covid the same as players missing games through injury, I'd argue that Rangers have had key players unavailable for longer than Celtic.

If we take only league games into account, the following players have missed out through injury

Katic has missed the entire season

Balogun has missed 5 matches

Tavernier has missed 5 matches

Aribo has missed 7 matches

Jack has missed 15 matches

Arfield has missed 8 matches

Roofe has missed 8 matches

That's a lot of key players missing for large portions of the season. I think that shows how good our squad actually is and puts to bed this myth that Celtic have been without key players all season and Rangers haven't.

I can accept injuries and suspensions that's a natural football debate covid isn't plus players perform differently with crowds.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

So the reason they’re 20 points behind is down to poor management, and nothing to do with a regular back five of Barkas/Bain/Hazard, Kenny, Ajer, Stephen Welsh and Diego Laxalt/Greg Taylor

Thats half your starting 11, and only one of those players is any good!!

And yet the Rangers team i full of players who the majority of their fanbase considered duds a year ago. Imagine that.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

And yet the Rangers team i full of players who the majority of their fanbase considered duds a year ago. Imagine that.

That's not quite the whole story. Yes the players got slaughtered after a post-winter-break capitulation for the 2nd year running, but Since Gerrard came in there has been improvements made season after season. It wasn't just overnight the current group of players got to where they are and I think fans appreciated that they were capable enough - it was more a mentality issue.

The season before Gerrard arrived, Rangers finished the season on 70 points (1.84 PPG). His first season we finished on 78 points (2.05 PPG), his second season was cut short due to the pandemic but he we were achieving 2.31 PPG which could have seen us finish on 87 points, and then this season we are achieving 2.70 PPG which projects us to finish on 102 points if it remains that way.

So, while the players were criticised, I don't think anyone believed they were bad players.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's not quite the whole story. Yes the players got slaughtered after a post-winter-break capitulation for the 2nd year running, but Since Gerrard came in there has been improvements made season after season. It wasn't just overnight the current group of players got to where they are and I think fans appreciated that they were capable enough - it was more a mentality issue.

The season before Gerrard arrived, Rangers finished the season on 70 points (1.84 PPG). His first season we finished on 78 points (2.05 PPG), his second season was cut short due to the pandemic but he we were achieving 2.31 PPG which could have seen us finish on 87 points, and then this season we are achieving 2.70 PPG which projects us to finish on 102 points if it remains that way.

So, while the players were criticised, I don't think anyone believed they were bad players.

What has that got to do with Celtic still having the best squad in the country?

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic winning leagues with 106 points or 79 points makes no difference to how good or bad or indifferent the best squad in the country is, 

Seriously, what on earth are you talking about? I was responding to a post talking about the Rangers squad, it was not in reference to Celtic. Merkland Red stated that Rangers fans believed the current squad were duds a year ago, I was responding to that, hence I quoted his post. It was not about Celtic mate.

Edited by AJF

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Seriously, what on earth are you talking about? I was responding to a post talking about the Rangers squad, it was not in reference to Celtic. Merkland Red stated that Rangers fans believed the current squad were duds a year ago, I was responding to that, hence I quoted his post. It was not about Celtic mate.

Seriously you were posting about sevco on a Celtic thread?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Seriously you were posting about sevco on a Celtic thread?

Every time I see you have replied I tell myself not to be surprised but each time I am when I see the reply.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Rangers fans love talking about sevco,even when they try to post about other teams it always goes back to sevco.

Am I missing something here?  What's wrong with fans talking about the team they support, surely that's expected no?