The Celtic All Seasons thread

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He was talking about the next game not the league but you batter in with your mince.

He said he thinks Celtic are the best team in the country Willy, based off 60 minutes in a 1-0 loss at Ibrox and a 1-1 draw in a dead rubber (not my words, his).

You reckon he’s right?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He was talking about the next game not the league but you batter in with your mince.

He did mention the next game, but he did actually say that Celtic are still the best team in the country. 

Point of food etiquette order, do not put batter round your, or my, mince.

4 hours ago, G51 said:

He said he thinks Celtic are the best team in the country Willy, based off 60 minutes in a 1-0 loss at Ibrox and a 1-1 draw in a dead rubber (not my words, his).

You reckon he’s right?

He was separating performances from results,the performances don't always produce a positive result. 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He was separating performances from results,the performances don't always produce a positive result. 

what about the separation between the top of the table and the team in second place 

50 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Hes a coach he doesn't need to worry about results,that's for the manager.

😂

So do you agree with Kennedy’s assertion that Celtic are still the best team in the country? 

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The surreal nature of this season with covid and no crowds makes it different to any other season,the quantification is skewed.

So do you agree or not?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have had major problems with failing to win matches, Rangers haven't, this is a major contributing factor to how the season unfolded. 

FTFY

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have had major problems with covid sevco haven't, this is a major contributing factor to how the season unfolded. 

The response to the problems was obviously a major factor, but I don’t think there’s been that much difference in how many problems have actually occurred.

both teams have had daft players break protocol.

both had players ruled ineligible by close contact rules despite being negative

both teams have had players testing positive for covid

etc.

On 11/04/2021 at 10:42, G51 said:

You reckon he’s right?

Kennedy makes a fair point, he just put it across very badly.

I would take the Celtic squad over the Rangers one. I think they have better players. If the management teams were swapped then Celtic would have romped to the title too. Kennedy can't come out and say that though.

4 minutes ago, Orbix said:

The response to the problems was obviously a major factor, but I don’t think there’s been that much difference in how many problems have actually occurred.

both teams have had daft players break protocol.

both had players ruled ineligible by close contact rules despite being negative

both teams have had players testing positive for covid

etc.

If you consider players missing games due to covid the same as players missing games through injury, I'd argue that Rangers have had key players unavailable for longer than Celtic.

If we take only league games into account, the following players have missed out through injury

Katic has missed the entire season

Balogun has missed 5 matches

Tavernier has missed 5 matches

Aribo has missed 7 matches

Jack has missed 15 matches

Arfield has missed 8 matches

Roofe has missed 8 matches

That's a lot of key players missing for large portions of the season. I think that shows how good our squad actually is and puts to bed this myth that Celtic have been without key players all season and Rangers haven't.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I would take the Celtic squad over the Rangers one. I think they have better players. If the management teams were swapped then Celtic would have romped to the title too. Kennedy can't come out and say that though.

I can see some logic behind this, but surely the management team have to be factored into how good a team is as well and not just the players?

Then if you're basing it purely on a player's ability, even then I think it would be fairly close. I could see maybe 1 Celtic player getting into our back 5 (Ajer).

Midfield I'd say Rangers edge it as well. It's only the forward areas that it's more even but I'd argue we have a bit more depth as out with the starters for Celtic (Edouard, Elyounoussi and now likely Forrest) they don't have much that can make an impact.

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So the reason they’re 20 points behind is down to poor management, and nothing to do with a regular back five of Barkas/Bain/Hazard, Kenny, Ajer, Stephen Welsh and Diego Laxalt/Greg Taylor

Thats half your starting 11, and only one of those players is any good!!

41 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have had major problems with covid sevco haven't, this is a major contributing factor to how the season unfolded. 

Only real problem celti  had was with players missing after the Dubai game and they dropped 4 points, which was all of their own making. It made very little difference to gap between Rangers and celtic.