The Celtic All Seasons thread

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I was posting about Burns as well,the 3 amigos and the biscuit tin mentality,this reminds me of Burns and McNeil being sacked Lennon has been hung out to dry by the suits.

Burns was sacked after losing a semi final to Falkirk, Lennon survived a lot worse over a long period. When should’ve been gone months ago, shame the board hadn’t the balls on them that fergus had. 

Never liked the man, especially when he faked that headbutt from Juanjo to get him sent off.

And then Celtic with a fan base of 63,000 ST holders took him in as manager was beyond belief, Lennon as manager of Championship Bolton failed to win a match in 17 games and got sacked, with Celtic's money and aspirations they should have aimed higher than a failed english championship manager regardless of his time at Hibs.

If Celtic really want success they will have to spend big after losing big with Lennon.

Lennon Celtic Legend, my fuckin arse, the likes of Jimmy Johnstone or Bertie Peacock are legends and Lennon would never been have good enough to lace those players boots.

Edited by SandyCromarty

10 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Burns was sacked after losing a semi final to Falkirk, Lennon survived a lot worse over a long period. When should’ve been gone months ago, shame the board hadn’t the balls on them that fergus had. 

He delivered a quadruple treble,  tbf Willie has a point about Lennon being treated shabbily by  celtic fans and the board.

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Some of that maybe true, their are many bigots associated with both Glasgow clubs unfortunately. IMO it was due to his refusal to spend money the club couldn’t afford. Ring any bells??

A point on the ‘H’ word. Rangers fans used it as a name for Celtic fans in the 60’s and 70’s, then Celtic turned it round and started using it against rangers fans,  at what point did it become sectarian? 

What I read ( yes I know ) was that the embryonic Sevco " fans" rioted down in england ( familiar ? ) approx. 1961 like marauding ###s

I think it was Wolves ?

they were known as the " bank of england "

Edited by ewan14

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The bunnet would have emptied him after the league cup semi 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I was posting about Burns as well,the 3 amigos and the biscuit tin mentality,this reminds me of Burns and McNeil being sacked Lennon has been hung out to dry by the suits.

Lennon was given a fair amont of money to spend

24 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

What I read ( yes I know ) was that the embryonic Sevco " fans" rioted down in england ( familiar ? ) approx. 1961 like marauding ###s

I think it was Wolves ?

I always thought it stemmed from their behaviour in Barcelona in 72.

I do remember being told that they used to the term to describe Celtic fans because they were perceived to be anti-British and were the enemy so were referred to as **** just as they referred to the Germans as **** during the war.

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I always thought it stemmed from their behaviour in Barcelona in 72.

I do remember being told that they used to the term to describe Celtic fans as because they were perceived to be anti-British and were the enemy so were referred to as **** just as they referred to the Germans as **** during the war.

Interesting 

1 hour ago, ewan14 said:

I think it was Wolves ?

Sure it was a Newcastle game and a local paper described them as ‘coming over the border like marauding ****’.  

1 hour ago, bennett said:

He delivered a quadruple treble,  tbf Willie has a point about Lennon being treated shabbily by  celtic fans and the board.

For someone who follows this thread, you don’t half sidestep points addressed to you.  

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Sure it was a Newcastle game and a local paper described them as ‘coming over the border like marauding ****’.  

Mmmm , that was 1968

Still coming over the border like marauding #### ?

I will do some checking

Edited by ewan14

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/19115451.celtics-scott-brown-thanks-outgoing-boss-neil-lennon/

I probably wouldn’t still be captain at Celtic if it wasn’t for Neil Lennon. He kept me on after Tony Mowbray left, and he was a breath of fresh air when he came in. He was great with the lads, and we were fighting for him because we wanted him to get the job, and eventually he did get it.”

Nails it.