The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

More nonsense from you. McCann was booed because of his refusal to give better contracts to, and therefore losing, star players. And letting Jansen go after stopping the rangers 10

Not true. McCann  tried to stop sectarianism at Patkhead (like banning the H word) and celtic fans weren't having it.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Not true. McCann  tried to stop sectarianism at Patkhead (like banning the H word) and celtic fans weren't having it.

Some of that maybe true, their are many bigots associated with both Glasgow clubs unfortunately. IMO it was due to his refusal to spend money the club couldn’t afford. Ring any bells??

A point on the ‘H’ word. Rangers fans used it as a name for Celtic fans in the 60’s and 70’s, then Celtic turned it round and started using it against rangers fans,  at what point did it become sectarian? 

Edited by Drew Brees

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Mince what he did to Burns out trumps any of that.

It had nothing to do with burns, he was sacked 18 months before for failing and replaced with a guy who won the league and stopped the 10. Jansen and McLeod  were both given a standing ovation when the took their seats in the stand, then McCann was booed when he came out, both were linked. 

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It had nothing to do with burns, he was sacked 18 months before for failing and replaced with a guy who won the league and stopped the 10. Jansen and McLeod  were both given a standing ovation when the took their seats in the stand, then McCann was booed when he came out, both were linked. 

I take it you only remember him getting booed once?

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You have some ability to twist this around to suit whatever bullshit you are selling. When I said ‘no one was angry’ i was talking about with Burns, which was quite obvious in my post, I’ve no idea why we are talking about Fergus McCann. Anyway back to my point, we don’t salute Lennon, a failure as a manager, at 3 different clubs, and a vile human being. Good riddance. . 

33 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Never forget the laughter.

It still provokes an incredible amount of anger in me that the matching jaikit brigade & their ilk genuinely believe that the persecution & oppression they perceive to be forced to endure in their daily life, is comporable to that faced by the indigenous black population living under the apartheid regime.

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

You have some ability to twist this around to suit whatever bullshit you are selling. When I said ‘no one was angry’ i was talking about with Burns, which was quite obvious in my post, I’ve no idea why we are talking about Fergus McCann. Anyway back to my point, we don’t salute Lennon, a failure as a manager, at 3 different clubs, and a vile human being. Good riddance. . 

I was posting about Burns as well,the 3 amigos and the biscuit tin mentality,this reminds me of Burns and McNeil being sacked Lennon has been hung out to dry by the suits.

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The higher you build your barriers...

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I was posting about Burns as well,the 3 amigos and the biscuit tin mentality,this reminds me of Burns and McNeil being sacked Lennon has been hung out to dry by the suits.

The taller I become....

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The board have failed Neil Lennon by keeping him in the position way too long. This should have happened in October/November