The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Benitez was pulling in £6m a year at Newcastle. 

You’d probably have to pay him a wee bit more to make the move to Scotland instead of stay in England, plus you’d need to pay his backroom staff.

Its impossible to know what the required figure would be obviously, but €10m is a decent stab at it I think. 

Point is, this isn’t happening unless Desmond decides to fund it.

So you don't know.

Cheers.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

@Record_Sport  Leigh Griffiths tells Celtic's furious fans they have short memories as he rallies behind Neil Lennon and the board

https://t.co/XkQt1AEBc8 

Griffiths will be shitting his breeks as he knows no other manager will let him away with the stuff that Lennon does.

He’d be better using his time constructively and losing 3 stone and getting fit.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

The lad has basically said it is going to take 10m euros to hire Benitez with absolutely no knowledge of the situation. He's literally picked a sum out of the air.

He then went on to give his reasoning for that figure using his last contract in British football as reference so it has a bit more basis than just being plucked out of thin air.

It was quite clearly a bit of guesswork but rather than say whether you thought it was reasonable/unreasonable you’ve went in at the deep end.

Just now, AJF said:

He then went on to give his reasoning for that figure using his last contract in British football as reference so it has a bit more basis than just being plucked out of thin air.

It was quite clearly a bit of guesswork but rather than say whether you thought it was reasonable/unreasonable you’ve went in at the deep end.

What he earned in a different country several years ago has no bearing on what he might except now.

It's the usual tit for tat Old Firm pish. That's why I called it out.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What he earned in a different country several years ago has no bearing on what he might except now.

hahahaha

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Of course it’s relevant because it gives a ball park figure as to what you’d expect to pay to secure his services.

I’m not sure how someone estimating what it would take to sign Benitez can be considered tit for tat Old Firm Pish, and you never made it clear that’s why you were “calling it out” so you maybe need to explain that a bit more.

Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

What does your workate's loon make of it?

I'll ask him and let you know.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course it’s relevant because it gives a ball park figure as to what you’d expect to pay to secure his services.

I’m not sure how someone estimating what it would take to sign Benitez can be considered tit for tat Old Firm Pish, and you never made it clear that’s why you were “calling it out” so you maybe need to explain that a bit more.

Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?

It's not really relevant at all. What's relevant is what another team who may be interested in his services are willing to pay. During a pandemic.

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

The bunnet was far from popular but he did exactly what he said he was going to do & laid a lot of foundations for further success, that said I will never forgive him for binning Tommy Burns even though that worked out well for us.

This is why I have very little interest in the guys that are running Celtic because of the type of people they need to be in their positions, you have a  bee in your bunnet on Lawwell why?
The decision makers make unpopular decisions even if it upsets their costumers.

This is why I have very little interest in the guys that are running Celtic because of the type of people they need to be in their positions, you have a  bee in your bunnet on Lawwell why?
Like offering Neil Lennon the job the day after the season ticket renewal deadline [emoji23].

Lawell doesn't give a toss about the fans, his job is to milk them dry of their hard earned cash and he has been brilliant at it.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fergus McCann made it quite clear from the outset why he was doing it, what he aimed to achieve, and what he would get out of it financially & he succeeded on all counts. Liewell is a greedy, manipulative pathological liar who is desperate to be as clever as Daniel Levy, he got away with it for so long because of a complete lack of footballing competition, a craven sycophantic media & an ability to use bigotry and sectarian hatred as a means to weaponise fans to intimidate referees & other officials in the SFA & SPFL to do what he says or your windows will get it & your families will be abused in the streets. All this to massively enrich himself, if Celtic Park burned down tomorrow he wouldn't piss on it unless there was a bonus in it for him.

Edited by Perkin Flump

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'll ask him and let you know.

It's not really relevant at all. What's relevant is what another team who may be interested in his services are willing to pay. During a pandemic.

I respectfully disagree that what managers have previously earned is irrelevant to what you’d expect to pay them now.