The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Had a wee look back to page 360 of this thread and read the next 5 pages,  apparently we were all envious of celtic signing Shane Duffy..

On 02/09/2020 at 12:17, G51 said:

Even if Duffy increases their chances of winning the league by a few percentage points, does that mean it was a good use of resources in a year where CL qualification didn't happen?

It looks like further evidence of the mismanagement of the transfer strategy to me. Spending a lot of money and not extracting a lot of value.

oh

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Had a wee look back to page 360 of this thread and read the next 5 pages,  apparently we were all envious of celtic signing Shane Duffy..

Pretty sure I’m off the hook, had never heard of him before he came, I’ll never forget the c**t now. 

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

He's provided a lot of laughs so I can see why you might be jealous. No jokers in the Rangers team this season unfortunately. 

44 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Don't know why anyone tries to get through to willy, absolute cult adherent who will believe every bit of the anti Irish, anti Catholic shite that is being spouted to try and deflect from the shambles that the club has made of itself recently.

That's a very strange post from you,I'm not religious and not a xenophobe.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

£2400 quid on season tickets this season to watch on Path to Paradise Willy. Paid it without question to keep our seats 

Will you pay it again next season though?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's a very strange post from you,I'm not religious and not a xenophobe.

Do you believe that Neil Lennon, and by extension the club that employs him, is treated unfairly or differently because he is an Irish Catholic?

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Will you pay it again next season though?

Its a great question and its something that weighs quite heavily with me just now. 

My head tells me i shouldn't and its the only way to the club to account however i've been going every year since '93 and i also take my 3 boys who just love going to the football no matter how pish we are and thats not a conversation i fancy 😂

Truthfully i cant ever envisage a scenario where i wouldn't renew

How would you explain the attacks on him and people sent to jail?

I did not realise that The Scottish Government,Public Health Scotland and members of the Print & TV Media were responsible for that. Thank you for answering my question.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You know he has had sectarian attacks but you won't admit to it.

I absolutely will, as a Catholic who grew up in Kilwinning in the 70s & 80s I know full well there are a lot of bigoted, sectarian arseholes out there. I have had grown men spit at me in the street as a 8 or 9 yo for wearing a Celtic top.Do you believe that the bodies I mentioned specifically have issues with him because he is an Irish Catholic? I am only asking this as Mr Lennon appears to believe that this is the case from his recent pronouncements.

6 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I absolutely will, as a Catholic who grew up in Kilwinning in the 70s & 80s I know full well there are a lot of bigoted, sectarian arseholes out there. I have had grown men spit at me in the street as a 8 or 9 yo for wearing a Celtic top.Do you believe that the bodies I mentioned specifically have issues with him because he is an Irish Catholic? I am only asking this as Mr Lennon appears to believe that this is the case from his recent pronouncements.

So by definition he has been treated different because he is an Irish Catholic,I don't know and neither do you whether there is bigoted,sectarian arseholes in the bodies you mentioned but we know it's rife in Scotland.
Neil Lennon was questioning the numbers and was raging about it and demanding answers I've got no problem with that.

So by definition he has been treated different because he is an Irish Catholic,I don't know and neither do you whether there is bigoted,sectarian arseholes in the bodies you mentioned but we know it's rife in Scotland.
Neil Lennon was questioning the numbers and was raging about it and demanding answers I've got no problem with that.

Ok willy, we shall leave it there as I have my answer. Enjoy your kool aid.

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Animated GIF

As i've also said before Willy, we live in the present not the past. Achievements of the past are just that something to be remembered, celebrated and to set the standard for the future but they do not provide you an acceptable excuse for when performances fall this far below that standard nor do they afford you the right to start treating your fans like shite.

The real question is Willy are you happy? Are you happy seeing the team regress at the rate it is? Are you happy seeing players who have quite clearly sacked it? Are you happy watching our captain and manager abdicate their responsibility? If you are fair play to you but to me and the vast majority of other Celtic fans aren't

I feel your pain. 

Sorry no I don't .  Real pain is watching your club slide from the championship to club 42 in successive seasons . Not winning a game all season , seeing that manager being retained to build a squad then sacked after the window is shut ................then doing  the same the next season  and the season after.   Saved  only from possible oblivion by the season being cut short. 

You haven't really suffered at all.  Your team are still in 2nd and not likely to fall much lower.  My team or more correctly the whole club are in a complete transition to save their existence . 

Just step back a bit and reflect just how far your team has actually regressed . It's maybe not as bad as you are making out.