The Celtic All Seasons thread

Guest Bob Mahelp

Even by Lennon's remarkable level of ridiculous batshit-crazy paranoia, this one is off the scale. 

This is how he always reacts when the stress level increases.....he goes off the deep end with some cringeworthy nonsense, and tragically is supported by those who should know better but are blinkered to his behaviour because they support a certain football team.

We can all remember him running around like a deranged fool at Easter Road in his last game as Hibs manager, and the videos of him in the boozer afterwards being showered in drink and made to perform like a seal were pretty tragic and pathetic in equal measure. 

He needs help, and those closest to him should be advising him to step away from the Celtic job ASAP before he breaks down completely and something really serious happens. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rangers fans continuing this 'it's not over' nonsense to the point of denying the literal points gap in the table.

The gap is huge and would take a catastrophic collapse from us, but we imploded spectacularly last year after the new year, so it's not like it couldn't happen.

We look to be much more robust this season, turning probable defeats last season into draws and wins (both Motherwell games), but I keep saying, how we react to a defeat will determine where the title goes.

We've not looked anywhere near the side we were earlier in the season, and we are missing guys like Arfield and Roofe, and to a lesser extent Jack.  Aribo and Kent have looked particularly jaded in recent weeks.

The banter years have conditioned me to never assume anything anymore.  Until it's absolutely impossible for us to f**k it up, I won't be calling anything.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Even by Lennon's remarkable level of ridiculous batshit-crazy paranoia, this one is off the scale. 

This is how he always reacts when the stress level increases.....he goes off the deep end with some cringeworthy nonsense, and tragically is supported by those who should know better but are blinkered to his behaviour because they support a certain football team.

We can all remember him running around like a deranged fool at Easter Road in his last game as Hibs manager, and the videos of him in the boozer afterwards being showered in drink and made to perform like a seal were pretty tragic and pathetic in equal measure. 

He needs help, and those closest to him should be advising him to step away from the Celtic job ASAP before he breaks down completely and something really serious happens. 

A lot of people , including managers , act like deranged fools at football matches . The 5 all game was pretty crazy

Edited by ewan14

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

A lot of people , including managers , act like deranged fools at football matches . The 5 all game was pretty crazy

That's not the point. Lennon had been under a lot of pressure, and his behaviour was pretty extreme. He looked like what he was, a guy with mental problems reacting to being under stress.

Then, as now, he needed advice and help....not sycophantic pats on the back because somebody happens to support the football team that he's connected with. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's not the point. Lennon had been under a lot of pressure, and his behaviour was pretty extreme. He looked like what he was, a guy with mental problems reacting to being under stress.

Then, as now, he needed advice and help....not sycophantic pats on the back because somebody happens to support the football team that he's connected with. 

I do not support the team he is connected with

I thought it was a disgrace what he said about St Johnstone , however he was right about the Scotland superstars doing the conga

Maybe Lawell , or whoever , should decide his future asap

Edited by ewan14

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I do not support the team he is connected with

I thought it was a disgrace what he said about St Johnstone , however he was right about the Scotland superstars doing the congor

Maybe Lawell , or whoever , should decide his future asap

Sorry bud, I didn't mean to sound like I was having a go, I'm not. 

You're right that his future needs to be decided one way or another. People that have Lennon's best interests at heart need to sit down with him and advise him that this is probably the time to step back.

History suggests that it's all going to go downhill for Lennon from here. 

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Is there any particular reason why Brown is choosing this hill to ruin his legacy on? Is it just respect for Lennon?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-claims-neil-lennons-23348911

He's angling for the job?

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d agree with bennett on this one. It’s 12 points. I honestly can see a fired up Celtic winning tonight (provided the game is on) and continuing in that vein for the rest of the season. With Rangers dropping points v the team that was bottom of the league it just shows there’s a long way to go yet. Hibs away is always a tough game, 2 Old Firm games still to play. It’s not over until it’s over, and I can see another twist in the tale yet. 

If Celtic win tonight it'll be 18 points.

32 minutes ago, DMCs said:

The league is 100% done and it's all down to a conspiracy from the very top. This goes above the SFA or the SPFL but is in fact the machinations of Nicola Sturgeon to further the cause of Scottish independence.

https://thecelticfamily.wordpress.com/2021/01/20/when-your-instinct-tells-you-its-true-go-with-it/

:lol:  There's no hope for those people.

32 minutes ago, DMCs said:

The league is 100% done and it's all down to a conspiracy from the very top. This goes above the SFA or the SPFL but is in fact the machinations of Nicola Sturgeon to further the cause of Scottish independence.

https://thecelticfamily.wordpress.com/2021/01/20/when-your-instinct-tells-you-its-true-go-with-it/

Holy christ,  and there was me thinking that it was only Neil Lennon that is batshit crazy??

Celtic have confirmed they have suspended publication of their official club magazine.
The Celtic View, which launched in August 1965, is the oldest club mag in football.

Released every Wednesday, it can usually be picked up at selected newsagents or at Celtic Park.
But the weekly title won't be available for the foreseeable future as a result of national lockdown restrictions.
A statement confirmed: "Due to issues caused by the pandemic-enforced lockdown, we have temporarily suspended publication of the Celtic View.
"An update on our Dubai training special will be provided as soon as possible."

The Glasgow giants usually tweet from manager and player media interviews and upload an article on their website.
But after Lennon went all-out-attack on the Hoops' Dubai critics and demanded an apology from former striker Andy Walker for branding the controversial trip a jolly, there was a complete BLACKOUT from the club's media with regards to what he said

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Folk only need to look at the English Premiership to see how quickly a team can fall from the top. Chelsea siting in 1st place early Dec and now look where they are. They've lost and drawn about 8 games in that time. If any team can fck up a 12 point lead at the top its Rangers 

No.  There are several teams down south challenging for the title , including perhaps surprise contenders

LCFC