The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 hours ago, ewan14 said:

He apologised for signing Duffy

A clip I saw this morning, Duffy scoring 2 goals for Cardiff, which won him Cardiff’s MOTM award, plus a late red card. Unfortunately he was playing for Blackburn at the time. 

Celtic have put their under-18 academy players on the government furlough scheme. Full story in today’s @ScotMailSport

And don’t get me started on furloughing the academy players after wasting a quarter of a million pounds on the fly to Dubai disaster.

15 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Ye, so we just had to dip into our bank account for approx £300k for a 1st class trip to Dubai. What an absolute c**t. 

cant even bring myself to watch it, did he mention the shambles on the pitch?? 

Not to mention this video was released on the same day the p***k furloughed the U18’s. 

That 300k spent on a Dubai trip that will cost us millions in the longer term would have been better spent and more appreciated keeping these boys playing football.

He’s a vile human being, utterly reprehensible. 

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not to mention this video was released on the same day the p***k furloughed the U18’s. 

That 300k spent on a Dubai trip that will cost us millions in the longer term would have been better spent and more appreciated keeping these boys playing football.

He’s a vile human being, utterly reprehensible. 

As I said on the COVID thread, it’s a master stroke, no one will be talking the fact we’ve  just released a CEO statement lauding the world class facility, for 2nd rate footballers,  in Dubai and had circa 30 staff living in 5 star accommodation for 5 nights, arriving by private charter now, just furlough some kids and get the attention away from a trip that could’ve cost the club millions. Best thing they could do is furlough lawwell and Lennon, give us all a break.  

Edited by Drew Brees

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

A clip I saw this morning, Duffy scoring 2 goals for Cardiff, which won him Cardiff’s MOTM award, plus a late red card. Unfortunately he was playing for Blackburn at the time. 

Hahahahaha. Everything about that is so wrong. He even fucks up a bread and butter headed clearance moments before the first yellow.

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That is staggering ,  so this trip cost 300k??  Every single aspect of that jaunt is so wrong .No wonder supporters are going mental. I keep thinking , imagine if Celtic had beat Rangers and then had to isolate 13 players therefore screwing up their chances but this is just as bad . Lawell  has all the self awareness of a fat drunk buisnessman in a strip club who thinks the dancers fancy him.

2 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

That is staggering ,  so this trip cost 300k??  Every single aspect of that jaunt is so wrong .No wonder supporters are going mental. I keep thinking , imagine if Celtic had beat Rangers and then had to isolate 13 players therefore screwing up their chances but this is just as bad . Lawell  has all the self awareness of a fat drunk buisnessman in a strip club who thinks the dancers fancy him.

There is a story which I think Andy Walker wrote about that highlights the difference in mentality and how far in my option we have allowed ourselves to slip.

When Billy McNeil was still in charge of Celtic, the players were due to fly out to Spain for some r&r and some training after an Old Firm game. We lost, Billy cancelled the trip and gave the money to a local school instead.

The fact that the statement is titled 'Apology to Celtic supporters' tells you everything that you need to know. Their only regret is the 'outcome' (being forced to field a weakened team and put themselves at risk of dropping more points).

Edited by The Real Saints

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Celtic have put their under-18 academy players on the government furlough scheme. Full story in today’s @ScotMailSport

And don’t get me started on furloughing the academy players after wasting a quarter of a million pounds on the fly to Dubai disaster.

A club like no other.