The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fina Gael would probably be most similar but Desmond is a donor to the Conservative party.

Why ?

He is Irish

The real reason there were the riots last night. Have the Green you know what ever had a banner commenting on this ?

1 minute ago, ewan14 said:

Why ?

He is Irish

The real reason there were the riots last night. Have the Green you know what ever had a banner commenting on this ?

Like most significant donations to tory party it will be some bribe most likely. Cant think off the top of my head if  they have. Like I say he keeps himself quiet usually regarding Celtic and isn't a majority shareholder so is usually left alone. He didn't even want to have as big a share as he does. He did a share issue years ago to raise funds (and theoretically reduce his share), waited for people to pick them up and when the remainder shares weren’t being taken up on he bought the rest.

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Always been curious as to why Celtic fans seen to hate Lawwell and Desmond so much.

I get there is a perception of penny pinching, but it is simply not true, is it? Especially when you consider you've spend over £50mill in the past 3 years.

Got bored at work so looked at the figures from transfermarkt and over the past 9 seasons, Celtic have spent 80% of the transfer fees they have brought in from selling players. Thats far more a percentage than the teams Celtic should be aspiring to be in Europe: Benfica (42%), Porto (45%), Ajax (44%), PSV (53%) and Salzburg (53%).

So, rather than the board being tight arsed, is it not just that Celtic are failing to sign and/or produce players they can sell at a profit to then be reinvested.

For me, your problems lie in the scouting department identifying dud players and having coaches/managers that arent developing players to maximise the profit later on. 

Thoughts?

Don’t forget the substantial investment in the disco lights.

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Like most significant donations to tory party it will be some bribe most likely. Cant think off the top of my head if  they have. Like I say he keeps himself quiet usually regarding Celtic and isn't a majority shareholder so is usually left alone. He didn't even want to have as big a share as he does. He did a share issue years ago to raise funds (and theoretically reduce his share), waited for people to pick them up and when the remainder shares weren’t being taken up on he bought the rest.

Wod never bought any !!!

5 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Who is the majority shareholder ?

( starting to get into Sevco realms here )

Nobody think Desmond is the largest at about 30% (could be wrong cant be arsed googling). However when you add all his cronies together they collectively hold a majority.

Just now, gannonball said:

Nobody think Desmond is the largest at about 30% (could be wrong cant be arsed googling). However when you add all his cronies together they collectively hold a majority.

Definitely in the realms of Sevco

Thanks

31 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

the empire is crumbling !

If we look at the last ten games that's got Celtic to this point, 4 European games 4 league games and 2 cup games.
Europe has been poor you can't dress it up any other way,Lille away was the only positive.
League games have been a mixed bag plus the cup games with one positive and one negative.

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If we look at the last ten games that's got Celtic to this point, 4 European games 4 league games and 2 cup games.
Europe has been poor you can't dress it up any other way,Lille away was the only positive.
League games have been a mixed bag plus the cup games with one positive and one negative.

I " forgot " to give Michael Stewart his credit for " my " post