The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Just about every ex-player under him have praised his man management when I listen to podcasts so I have no idea where you have heard this from. It seems to be his professionalism and match prep thats the issue.

A lack of professionalism isn't necessary contradictory to players liking him.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Lennon's (or his scouts) main attribute is he had an eye for a player, where Rodgers was clearly better at developing talent / better coach.    But as for Celtic's recruitment in the summer it was pretty awful.   I remember Charlie Nicholas getting slated at the time but his comments have aged well.  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlie-nicholas-slaughters-cheap-celtic-22798988

Did Celtic not lose a scout to an English Premiership team a couple of years ago? He was credited with finding Wanyama, Van Dijk and a couple of others that I can’t remember from around the same time. 

10 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Did Celtic not lose a scout to an English Premiership team a couple of years ago? He was credited with finding Wanyama, Van Dijk and a couple of others that I can’t remember from around the same time. 

John Park. 

Rumoured he was going to Sunderland for a Director of Football role, however a really good scout for us and for Hibs before us

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Definitely worse than losing to the fourth seeds in your Europa League group 4-1 at home. 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

So Lille, AC Milan and Celtic were in pots 1,3 & 4.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ah right. I didn’t realise that teams were put randomly into the four pots, I thought that it was done by ranking.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

No, I’m just not up with UEFA rankings/co-efficients.

Under pressure Ziggy.

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:
8 hours ago, Ginaro said:
No, it was Celtic in pot 1, Sparta in 2, AC Milan in 3 and Lille in 4. Which actually reflects the results so far.

How does it reflect the results so far?

Celtic have got 1 point. Sparta beat them 2 times. Milan scored 3 goals at Celtic Park. Lille will take 4 points off Celtic.

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:
8 hours ago, Ginaro said:
No, it was Celtic in pot 1, Sparta in 2, AC Milan in 3 and Lille in 4. Which actually reflects the results so far.

How does it reflect the results so far?

What I should've added was "against Celtic", given Sparta have beaten them twice and they got a draw against Lille.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fecking hell this means our domestic dominance is still intact 1 defeat in 27 games better put the toys back in the pram.

You could view it as one defeat in 27 games, or alternatively you could view it as 2 wins in your last 9 matches. Dominant indeed.

Edited by AJF

49 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fecking hell this means our domestic dominance is still intact 1 defeat in 27 games

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's 6 wins out of 9 games domestically M8. 

49 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

our domestic dominance 

jonah hill no GIF