The Celtic All Seasons thread

12 hours ago, HAMLISCH said:

The handling of Edouard was poor.  I think he expected to be off to a bigger league and whilst it's not really our fault that he isn't i.e. we didn't receive an offer that would cover PSG's % and give us the £20m we wanted, I thought the way NL dismissed it was patronising...he's just a kid, his head's been turned but he'll learn.  Edouard is our best player by a mile and he knows it and I don't believe he's currenlty giving 100%.  Whether that's just out of anger at the club or a mixture of club and NL I don't know but his importance to the team is massive and if we can't get him back on side I don't think we'll make it TIAR.

Or testing positive for covid has set him back.

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I like the way you take things out of context,Dropping points at pittodrie is probably our worse result so far.

It's probably your worst grammatical error on this page.

Flattered Mr Deflector but you're right I am in danger of posting almost as much about The Victims as you do about my team.
So off to golf and have a laugh with my my Celtic supporting friends.
Have a nice day Deflector
I thought you said you "hadn't even started" now your saying you've posted too much?

Mixed messages mate.

I am probably misremembering things, but is this not almost precisely what happened to Neil Lennon first time round, in that he’d taken Celtic as far as he could and, when trying to take them further (i.e in Europe and against better coached domestic teams) got rather shown up?  To put it another way, did Celtic fans (and indeed the board) really expect a different eventuality?  It seemed at the time, and it seems now, that Celtic took the cheap, better-the-devil-you-know option.

All of which is rather a long way of saying that I think the board, rather than Lennon, are at fault for Celtic getting shown up.

Edited by Savage Henry

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I am probably misremembering things, but is this not almost precisely what happened to Neil Lennon first time round, in that he’d taken Celtic as far as he could and, when trying to take them further (i.e in Europe and against better coached domestic teams) got rather shown up?  To put it another way, did Celtic fans (and indeed the board) really expect a different eventuality?  It seemed at the time, and it seems now, that Celtic took the cheap, better-the-devil-you-know option.

All of which is rather a long way of saying that I think the board, rather than Lennon, are at fault for Celtic getting shown up.

Correct.

The appointment, whilst completely lacking in ambition, guaranteed domestic success as long as the blue bigots were shite. Now that they've clicked a bit, Lennon's shortcomings, which we've seen before at several clubs, have been unearthed again.

Lennon's appointment showed that board weren't that bothered in producing a team that could achieve performances in Europe that would satisfy the fans.

If they'd put a bit of thought, and some money, into an appointment, then maybe the signing of over priced pish like Ajeti, Klimala and Duffy could have been avoided.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

No, it was Celtic in pot 1, Sparta in 2, AC Milan in 3 and Lille in 4. Which actually reflects the results so far.

Ah right. I didn’t realise that teams were put randomly into the four pots, I thought that it was done by ranking.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes, identical to what happened last time. He's a terrible coach and a terrible man-manager. 

What's the saying? Fool me once.... 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yes, identical to what happened last time. He's a terrible coach and a terrible man-manager. 

What's the saying? Fool me once.... 

Just about every ex-player under him have praised his man management when I listen to podcasts so I have no idea where you have heard this from. It seems to be his professionalism and match prep thats the issue.

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ah right. I didn’t realise that teams were put randomly into the four pots, I thought that it was done by ranking.

Don't know if you're pulling everyone's chain here, but that's exactly how it is done - by clubs' ranking/coefficient.

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Correct.

The appointment, whilst completely lacking in ambition, guaranteed domestic success as long as the blue bigots were shite. Now that they've clicked a bit, Lennon's shortcomings, which we've seen before at several clubs, have been unearthed again.

Lennon's appointment showed that board weren't that bothered in producing a team that could achieve performances in Europe that would satisfy the fans.

If they'd put a bit of thought, and some money, into an appointment, then maybe the signing of over priced pish like Ajeti, Klimala and Duffy could have been avoided.

I doubt Lennon has full control over transfers. No chance did he know much about Klimala and you can see that with how many new players he hasn't really played.

Putting all the recruitment errors or successes on Lennon is just lazy