The Celtic All Seasons thread

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXUVpPHcjdY

An hour of Tommy Sheridan going full wastecoatwilly. Glorious

I thought there were rules about outing posters.....

I'm pissed off at myself for clicking on this as my youtube will now be choc full of charlie and the bhoys or somesuch.

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Rangers are still to wobble. I'll be amazed if it doesn't come.

You think?

Their issue was always their reliance on Morelos, without him they held almost no threat.

Roofe still has to prove himself as capable of leading the line regularly, but he's clearly an upgrade on Defoe due to the fact he can actually link play with the midfield.

I'd be surprised if they arent clear by 10+pts by the end of the season.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

Their issue was always their reliance on Morelos, without him they held almost no threat.

Roofe still has to prove himself as capable of leading the line regularly, but he's clearly an upgrade on Defoe due to the fact he can actually link play with the midfield.

I'd be surprised if they arent clear by 10+pts by the end of the season.

In all my days watching top flight Scottish football the only team I've seen not have a wobble is the Rodgers Celtic team.

I don't agree regarding Morelos. Their issue was they played using a really slow build up. Teams sat back and left no space for them to play in the final third. Once someone gets a bit of joy against them it will  be interesting to see what they do.

EDIT: 01-02 Celtic were brilliant too but those were the days when they were almost trading the title yearly.

Edited by Merkland Red

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

In all my days watching top flight Scottish football the only team I've seen not have a wobble is the Rodgers Celtic team.

I think they'll drop points, I just don't think they'll drop enough, or regularly enough, for the title to ever be in doubt.

Celtic will need around 95 points to win the league this season i reckon, which means they need to win 22 of their remaining 25 games, at least. 

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't agree regarding Morelos. Their issue was they played using a really slow build up. Teams sat back and left no space for them to play in the final third. Once someone gets a bit of joy against them it will  be interesting to see what they do.

I think this Rangers team is so well drilled and full of venom that there's hardly a team that can scathe them. Celtic and Aberdeen clearly haven't done it yet, Hibs appear to be a bigger torn in their side but don't seem to have the bottle to fully beat either of the OF, and Livi utilised their horrible pitch to great effect in order to be the only team all season long to not have conceded to them. I fail to see where the losses will come from, whereas I think Celtic need to be more or less perfect through the rest of the season in order to really have a chance imo. Don't think Rangers will go undefeated all season, but I'd be surprised if they didn't win more than 30 games. I wouldn't of Celtic didn't.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think they'll drop points, I just don't think they'll drop enough, or regularly enough, for the title to ever be in doubt.

Celtic will need around 95 points to win the league this season i reckon, which means they need to win 22 of their remaining 25 games, at least. 

It's definitely Rangers to lose but they still have to play each other three times.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

It's definitely Rangers to lose but they still have to play each other three times.

Celtic have dropped enough points that those games are almost irrelevant now. Rangers win 90% of points available against the rest, and they win the league.

This Celtic side are gutless.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think this Rangers team is so well drilled and full of venom that there's hardly a team that can scathe them. Celtic and Aberdeen clearly haven't done it yet, Hibs appear to be a bigger torn in their side but don't seem to have the bottle to fully beat either of the OF, and Livi utilised their horrible pitch to great effect in order to be the only team all season long to not have conceded to them. I fail to see where the losses will come from, whereas I think Celtic need to be more or less perfect through the rest of the season in order to really have a chance imo. Don't think Rangers will go undefeated all season, but I'd be surprised if they didn't win more than 30 games. I wouldn't of Celtic didn't.

It's purely down to Lennon. Gerrard is professional, if not tactically naive at times. His team are well set up heading in to games but he seems to struggle when the game isn't going his way.

Just stupid little things like signing ex EPL players and having them set the standard makes a big difference. Younger players see the player who has been to the highest level in the UK doing things properly and they follow suit.

Contrast that with Lennon who seems to have chucked all the good work Rodgers did behind the scenes out the window.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic have dropped enough points that those games are almost irrelevant now. Rangers win 90% of points available against the rest, and they win the league.

This Celtic side are gutless.

I did say I can't see Celtic challenging if they continued with Lennon.

I tell ya hwhat, it really exposes the emptiness that comes from supporting Celtic when you're absolutely seething beyond belief at the direction your team's going when you might miss out on your first domestic trophy in several years, after winning all the rest.

Shame. 

Edited by SEETHING

7 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

I tell ya hwhat, it really exposes the emptiness that comes from supporting Celtic when you're absolutely seething beyond belief at the direction your team's going when you might miss out on your first domestic trophy in several years, after winning all the rest.

Shame. 

Yes but it's the nature of this missed out domestic trophy, apparently this one is the ninth and three quarters in a row