The Celtic All Seasons thread

I don’t follow follow our green friends at all closely but I did think in the summer that the ball was dropped massively when they flunked the Forster transfer, allowed Gordon to leave for a fraction of his wage and also failed to sign Marshall. Easy 20-20 hindsight now of course. 

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I don’t follow follow our green friends at all closely but I did think in the summer that the ball was dropped massively when they flunked the Forster transfer, allowed Gordon to leave for a fraction of his wage and also failed to sign Marshall. Easy 20-20 hindsight now of course. 

Agree with this. Marshall at the time wasn’t as fashionable a choice as he is now with his Scotland exploits but we waited too long on Forster and should have gone safe with Marshall for a couple of hundred grand. He even said he was was looking at coming back at the time.

The Gordon stuff is pretty irrelevant for me. He was one of our highest earners and we couldn’t guarantee him first team football with his injuries and age so it’s understandable we couldn't offer him similar money and why he turned us down. We could have bulshitted him first team football but it wouldn't have been right, although he almost certainly would be playing now if he stayed.

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Obviously done as a joke, just difficult to tell if it was done by a *** or a ***.

It’s more the type of thing fans of clubs would do if their club was facing financial ruin and in danger of going out the game and being liquidated, obviously not referring to your club, your fans did f**k all, I meant It’s more the type of thing fans of other clubs would do if their club was facing financial ruin and in danger of going out the game and being liquidated .

😂

13 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

This is either misplaced bravado or stupidity, I also know where I’d hedge my bets. I explained to you the trajectory we have been heading since Ferencvaros and you still have your head firmly in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it. 

Where are we 4 points worse off after 13 games,I've already said the European games have been poor this season no Celtic manager will be sacked on European results.
So Lennon should be sacked for being 4 points worse off, stop wetting the bed.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Where are we 4 points worse off after 13 games,I've already said the European games have been poor this season no Celtic manager will be sacked on European results.

Yes, because last seasons points tally is what you have to beat, and not the team who are flying ahead of you, showing no signs of dropping points, whilst you show no signs of being able to stem the bleeding

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes, because last seasons points tally is what you have to beat, and not the team who are flying ahead of you, showing no signs of dropping points, whilst you show no signs of being able to stem the bleeding

When you take away the games in hand we've got a 5 point lead, a few poor results for us and that's easily gone.  We'll obviously drop more points in games, I've a feeling that this will be a tight season. 

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

While you say it's bed wetting, what do you think are the main areas a Celtic manager is judged on?

I'd suggest it would go along the lines of:

1. League Position
  2. Domestic Cup Performance
  3. European Performance
  4. Player Development
  5. Style of Play

Currently, Lennon is failing in 4 out of 5 of those categories so how long do you give it?

As @bennett has mentioned, I think the title race will go right down to the wire this season, but if I was a Celtic fan (heaven forbid), I'd be far from pleased with Lennon's current performance as manager, particularly when you consider Celtic should be lightyears ahead of Rangers.

I just think your completely unconcerned and laidback attitude is misplaced and calling anyone else who thinks Lennon should go as a bed wetter is a bit mental when you appear to be in the minority amongst Celtic fans.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Pretty sure Hearts were top a few years ago,sevco have momentum there is no doubt for me there is too many factor in possibilities.
We have a transfer window,injuries and suspensions,playing teams 3 or 4 times,teams going for the top six,teams trying to stay up,teams going for European spots. 
Plus it looks like sevco will still be playing in Europe after Christmas. 

10 hours ago, bennett said:

When you take away the games in hand we've got a 5 point lead, a few poor results for us and that's easily gone.  We'll obviously drop more points in games, I've a feeling that this will be a tight season. 

Rangers are still to wobble. I'll be amazed if it doesn't come.

I don't think this Celtic management have it in them to capitalise.