The Celtic All Seasons thread

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You do.

Barkas has 5 clean sheets in 9 games this season, only conceding 6. Bain has conceded more goals in 4 games, and has no clean sheets.

The fans had a wee moan about Barkas after the OF game though, so that was enough for Lennon to drop him, rather than actually judging them on ability.

‘Only conceding 6’ - We only conceded 13 in the league last season. Now obviously a lot of this isn't down to Barkas but he did little to show he should stay in the team and was rightly dropped. I dont really rate Bain but he is far more organised and commanding, its more evident as you hear him shouting orders with the lack of fans, he’s also saved 2 penalties since being in the team.

Neither of these 2 are anywhere near Forster in terms of ability though, theres still plenty time for Barkas to knuckle  to get back in the team but I would be looking at other options in the mean time.

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We only conceded 13 in the league last season. 

And Bain has conceded more than half that in 4 games.

But aye, he shouts more so its a great idea binning a genuinely decent keeper for him.

Neil Lennons selection process in a nutshell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If we are in this position in march I would be slightly concerned.

This is either misplaced bravado or stupidity, I also know where I’d hedge my bets. I explained to you the trajectory we have been heading since Ferencvaros and you still have your head firmly in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it. 

The fact is Rangers don’t look like dropping points so you have to assume they win every game between now and the OF game and if and it’s  big if we win every game between now and there is nothing to suggest we take anything from Ibrox so we are at that point a notional 8 points behind. The league is no longer in our own hands and it’s only January.....but that doesn’t concern you?

Hopefully your big enough when that happens to take accountability for being part of the problem at Celtic, you and this other contingent of Celtic fans who think we owe Neil Lennon something for being a club legend and that blind faith alone will get us to the 10. If we can sack Billy McNeil and Tommy Burns we can sack Neil Lennon.

However in saying that you will get your way because the Celtic board won’t do anything then because they lack foresight, if the board were blessed with that we would be light years ahead of Rangers considering the advantage we had over them. For them to be able to close that gap in 4 or 5 seasons is absolutely criminal. 

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This is either misplaced bravado or stupidity, I also know where I’d hedge my bets. I explained to you the trajectory we have been heading since Ferencvaros and you still have your head firmly in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it. 

The fact is Rangers don’t look like dropping points so you have to assume they win every game between now and the OF game and if and it’s  big if we win every game between now and there is nothing to suggest we take anything from Ibrox so we are at that point a notional 8 points behind. The league is no longer in our own hands and it’s only January.....but that doesn’t concern you?

Hopefully your big enough when that happens to take accountability for being part of the problem at Celtic, you and this other contingent of Celtic fans who think we owe Neil Lennon something for being a club legend and that blind faith alone will get us to the 10. If we can sack Billy McNeil and Tommy Burns we can sack Neil Lennon.

However in saying that you will get your way because the Celtic board won’t do anything then because they lack foresight, if the board were blessed with that we would be light years ahead of Rangers considering the advantage we had over them. For them to be able to close that gap in 4 or 5 seasons is absolutely criminal. 

It's stupidity. Always stupidity.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And Bain has conceded more than half that in 4 games.

But aye, he shouts more so its a great idea binning a genuinely decent keeper for him.

Neil Lennons selection process in a nutshell.

Yeah your right he should be focussing purely on how many goals that a keeper concedes rather than overall performance? I would imagine he listens  to Stevie Woods, who helped turn Fraser Forster from a lump of wood in to a world beater for us. He also helped resurrect Gordons career who was out years prior to joining. I think he's best going off his opinion tbh rather than yours. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Barkas is "genuinely decent"? :unsure2:

He could be, but has done little to show he is so far so was rightly dropped, I have no idea why RG is fighting his corner so much tbh. I know Bains not really the answer either though for us.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's hated Bain for years. I think it stems from Zander Clark not getting picked for Scotland. 

Zander Clark is gash and I barely want him as Saints keeper.

Neither would I like Bain.

Barkas is a quality keeper who's been ostracised for daring not to be world class from the moment he stepped through the door at Celtic. Maybe an idea to give someone moving across Europe during a pandemic more than 2 months to settle.

58 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah your right he should be focussing purely on how many goals that a keeper concedes rather than overall performance? I would imagine he listens  to Stevie Woods, who helped turn Fraser Forster from a lump of wood in to a world beater for us. He also helped resurrect Gordons career who was out years prior to joining. I think he's best going off his opinion tbh rather than yours. 

He could be, but has done little to show he is so far so was rightly dropped, I have no idea why RG is fighting his corner so much tbh. I know Bains not really the answer either though for us.

Bain is crap.

You'd have to imagine Barkas is decent. Surely can't be spunking that on a keeper if he hasn't been fully scouted?

Obviously done as a joke, just difficult to tell if it was done by a *** or a ***.

It’s more the type of thing fans of clubs would do if their club was facing financial ruin and in danger of going out the game and being liquidated, obviously not referring to your club, your fans did f**k all, I meant It’s more the type of thing fans of other clubs would do if their club was facing financial ruin and in danger of going out the game and being liquidated .

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Obviously done as a joke, just difficult to tell if it was done by a *** or a ***.

It’s more the type of thing fans of clubs would do if their club was facing financial ruin and in danger of going out the game and being liquidated, obviously not referring to your club, your fans did f**k all, I meant It’s more the type of thing fans of other clubs would do if their club was facing financial ruin and in danger of going out the game and being liquidated .

"Something Inside So Strong"

*is in the slightest danger of losing out on a trophy after winning the last eleven in a row*

"To the car park!"

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's hated Bain for years. I think it stems from Zander Clark not getting picked for Scotland. 

Nailed it. 

On 11/11/2018 at 19:25, RandomGuy. said:

That's me finished with the Scotland National Team now. Scott Bain called up ahead of Clark.

Bain has played one league game this season.

On 11/11/2018 at 19:52, RandomGuy. said:

It's a disgrace, I wouldn't be seething if someone like Liam Kelly had been called up instead, but Bain?!

Looking forward to how TW responds to this.. 

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Bain is crap.

You'd have to imagine Barkas is decent. Surely can't be spunking that on a keeper if he hasn't been fully scouted?

Celtics scouting department is poor, hence the signings of dross like Shved based on 6 months against Ukrainian plumbers.