The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 20/11/2020 at 11:16, Romeo said:
On 20/11/2020 at 11:03, G51 said:
perhaps if mr lennon spent less time rehearsing christmas adverts and more time teaching his players how to defend, celtic fc wouldn't be in the predicament they're now in!!

Don't worry the *** Christmas advert will be along just as soon as they secure the rights to use footage from the Nuremberg rallies.

They could just use Tramp and the  Pr od boys , whatever

Edited by ewan14

On 20/11/2020 at 11:03, G51 said:

perhaps if mr lennon spent less time rehearsing christmas adverts and more time teaching his players how to defend, celtic fc wouldn't be in the predicament they're now in!!

But it earns the club more money for him to waste !

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I’m guessing we are looking at successors for when Christie leaves, would be a decent option tbh.

Where is Christie expecting to go? 

Until he improves his game management, drastically, Celtic will even be too high a place for him to expect to play regularly. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where is Christie expecting to go? 

Until he improves his game management, drastically, Celtic will even be too high a place for him to expect to play regularly. 

Burnley were sniffing about him allegedly. I think he can handle the EPL no bother tbh, he’s done well for us in Europe.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I’m guessing we are looking at successors for when Christie leaves, would be a decent option tbh.

Not even remotely close to being the same player.

He'd more likely be a Brown successor.

You've already got Turnbull to fill Christies "take 50 shots a match, score 1, miss out on 7 assists by shooting, but claim you helped the team" boots.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Burnley were sniffing about him allegedly. I think he can handle the EPL no bother tbh, he’s done well for us in Europe.

Yeah, I don't think he couldn't handle it ability wise - I just think he gets very shot happy when better options are available. The higher up he goes (level wise, not team) it will get magnified. Burnley will only get into good positions a certain amount of times a game in the EPL and him pinging shots from 25 yards all the time doesn't help much in teams like that. 

Time will tell, I suppose. 

Edit : @RandomGuy. says it more succinctly than I ever could. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah, I don't think he couldn't handle it ability wise - I just think he gets very shot happy when better options are available. The higher up he goes (level wise, not team) it will get magnified. Burnley will only get into good positions a certain amount of times a game in the EPL and him pinging shots from 25 yards all the time doesn't help much in teams like that. 

Time will tell, I suppose. 

Edit : @RandomGuy. says it more succinctly than I ever could. 

If it weren’t for him being so shot happy Scotland wouldn’t be going to the Euros. I’m pretty sure you were all celebrating that 1 out of 50 last week because sometimes you need a player who’s willing to just have a crack. 

19 goals and 16 assists last season is a significant contribution from midfield, he would do no worse than Armstrong has. 

Either way he won’t be at Celtic for the start of next season, too many players seem to not want to be there Christie included.

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Come on now. You argued with me that Greg Stewart would be a good player for Rangers.

I never anticipated Ryan Kent and Iaonis Hagi would have been signed. 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If it weren’t for him being so shot happy Scotland wouldn’t be going to the Euros.

20201123_080325.thumb.jpg.f19bfa45f614b41346f798651ba41da4.jpg

20201123_080327.thumb.jpg.583568eac6867f5211d927168e22d26e.jpg

20201123_080329.thumb.jpg.6f0fea63ef029d1867f8cd49ad87d607.jpg

"willing to take a shot". 

On 20/11/2020 at 12:48, Drew Brees said:

I must say that the Celtic players look a lot happier in that video than they have on the pitch in recent weeks, especially Edouard. (Well, apart from in the Scottish Cup semi)

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

If it weren’t for him being so shot happy Scotland wouldn’t be going to the Euros. I’m pretty sure you were all celebrating that 1 out of 50 last week because sometimes you need a player who’s willing to just have a crack. 

19 goals and 16 assists last season is a significant contribution from midfield, he would do no worse than Armstrong has. 

Either way he won’t be at Celtic for the start of next season, too many players seem to not want to be there Christie included.

There's quite a difference been willing to take a shot and just poor decision making.