The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If you shout at us, then you have to shout at them. I think basically the government are saying in a roundabout way, Rangers have a grasp of what their players are doing “out of hours” but Celtic didn’t have a clue.

The only reason Rangers "had a grasp" is because the police were involved. It is about timing here, the SNP had a story to bury when two scandalous footballing stories surfaced. If it had been this story with the two Rangers players back then, they would have had two games postponed too. The SNP should have kept quiet rather than congratulate Rangers for doing the exact same thing that they blasted Aberdeen and Celtic for. There are double standards there whether people want to admit it or not.

16 minutes ago, Guts said:

The only reason Rangers "had a grasp" is because the police were involved. It is about timing here, the SNP had a story to bury when two scandalous footballing stories surfaced. If it had been this story with the two Rangers players back then, they would have had two games postponed too. The SNP should have kept quiet rather than congratulate Rangers for doing the exact same thing that they blasted Aberdeen and Celtic for. There are double standards there whether people want to admit it or not.

Being an Aberdeen fan, I have a dog in this particular race, and what the government have done here doesn’t annoy me in the slightest. 

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Being an Aberdeen fan, I have a dog in this particular race, and what the government have done here doesn’t annoy me in the slightest. 

Yes that is clear. I would be very surprised if all Aberdeen fans felt the same way you did. There will be plenty on here who will say the same you have (from other clubs too), it's a strange place at times. 

6 minutes ago, Guts said:

Yes that is clear. I would be very surprised if all Aberdeen fans felt the same way you did. There will be plenty on here who will say the same you have (from other clubs too), it's a strange place at times. 

Your manager is only happy when he is complaining about some perceived conspiracy against his club. The club that has won the last 11 trophies over a four year period, and the match officials are against them, the football authorities are against them, and now the government are against them.  

10 hours ago, AJF said:

Neil: “Alexa, what can I do to shift the attention away from Celtic’s deficiencies and unite the fans once more?”

Alexa: “Here’s what you need to do...”

The thing is that Neil is already well-versed in these techniques as the same thing happened with the referee strike. It's more a motivational thing about creating a siege mentality at the club. However will it work as well as it it did then as it will ten years later? Remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Guts said:

This is a time when managers/clubs should be sticking together and putting out the same message regarding being responsible and following the coronavirus rules.

Our players deserve to be punished severely by the club and the SFA/SPFL, luckily they weren't in contact with the rest of the squad and our games can still go ahead. 

It's not a conspiracy against celtic.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5908842/celtic-lennon-griffiths-lockdown-party/

Surely this is much more comparable to what Jones and Edmundson did, rather than Bolingoli? Can anyone remind me what sanctions were imposed on Celtic for this?

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5908842/celtic-lennon-griffiths-lockdown-party/

Surely this is much more comparable to what Jones and Edmundson did, rather than Bolingoli? Can anyone remind me what sanctions were imposed on Celtic for this?

Good point. Lennon said at the time that Griffiths being at a house party wasn’t a big issue. Now he wants Rangers to be punished for an identical offence? Odd route to go down, Neil.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Oocha.

Good one.

We can talk about timing. I think the only timing that has been lucky for Rangers was that they likely did not have training on the Monday due to playing Thursday and Sunday. If they had then these players likely would have went in to training. In that case they would likely have had the same carry on.

Or they're desperate for the staunch vote.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Good point. Lennon said at the time that Griffiths being at a house party wasn’t a big issue. Now he wants Rangers to be punished for an identical offence? Odd route to go down, Neil.

At no point has he mentioned Rangers or the players being punished. The issue is the attitude of the Scottish government with all three cases.

Celtic and Aberdeen did the same thing that Rangers have and quickly dealt with the players. The SNP should have not even remarked on the current situation as it would only highlight the over the top way they dealt with Aberdeen and Celtic. It was used as a squirrel at the time to bury bad press for the SNP. That's the problem. They deserve to be called out on it.