The Celtic All Seasons thread

11 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Think you’re a bit wide of the mark there mate. Morelos still the main man up front and it’ll take a prolonged barren spell of no goals (unlikely) to change that. You also need to factor in that as long as he’s playing and scoring goals he remains (probably) Rangers most profitable player to move on. 

We're asking our strikers to do a different job than we did last year. They're now required to act more as facilitators than finishers. Presumably this is to spread the goals around the team and ensure we're not so susceptible to our main striker losing form.

Roofe is far better at this than Morelos, his touch, work rate and runs off the ball are all better. Is really great at finding space.  I'm willing to bet that when both are fully fit, Roofe clearly establishes himself as the No.1 striker.

I think the point everyone is missing is that neither “organisation” actually WANT to win 10IAR.

Yeah, the fans, players, managers do, but if it happens it fucks up the current “status quo” between the ugly sisters.

Bragging rights for individual games are HUGE, no doubt about it, but really they just want to maintain their position as the ugly (twin) sisters with no chance of a “Cinderella story” ever happening again.

10IAR upsets the apple cart way too much so there was never any chance it would happen.

WUASTC celtgers fans, it’s already decided!

23 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I think the point everyone is missing is that neither “organisation” actually WANT to win 10IAR.

Yeah, the fans, players, managers do, but if it happens it fucks up the current “status quo” between the ugly sisters.

Bragging rights for individual games are HUGE, no doubt about it, but really they just want to maintain their position as the ugly (twin) sisters with no chance of a “Cinderella story” ever happening again.

10IAR upsets the apple cart way too much so there was never any chance it would happen.

So ignoring all the sentimental stuff-Celtic, a PLC, dont want a potential automatic champions league spot next season, a huge money spinning injection and to further assert financial dominance ahead of their nearest rivals?  
Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds? I know it paints a nice narrative regarding the old duopoly stuff but if theres one thing a company wants is a legal monopoly. 

Edited by gannonball

45 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Every post you make regarding Rangers or Celtic is completely unhinged.

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I’m assuming you have lumped big money on Rangers to win the title then given that it’s a certainty?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Reading through the Celtic thread to discover Jermain '3 appearances and 1 goal by the end of October' Defoe is worth every penny of his £30k/week.

It’s a strange world we live in right now... But I suppose it’s easier than dealing with how shite we are right now. 

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

dont want a potential automatic champions league spot next season

There is no potential automatic spot next season as the effect of the improvements in the national coefficient is always delayed by a season. Maybe in season 22/23 but I actually think it's looking more likely that it won't be till 23/24.

We already know what round every entrant from this season will be looking at:

1st - enters in the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions path of the CL

2nd - enters in the 2nd qualifying round of the non-Champions path of the CL

CW (or 3rd if the Scottish Cup winners finish 1-3 in the league) - enters in the 3rd qualifying round of the EL

3rd and 4th - enter in the 2nd qualifying round of the Conference League

I do agree with your general point though as it is clear that the path to the CL group stage for the team that wins the league is significantly easier so it makes exactly zero sense that Celtic would deliberately sabotage that. The reason for not qualifying twice under Lennon has more to do with daft mistakes either tactical and/or in terms of timing of recruitment.

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

1 step short of “full-on” “....it’s only 3points....” Mark McGhee [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]