The Celtic All Seasons thread

24 minutes ago, Empty It said:
8 hours ago, Bohemian said:
emoji1787.png fair enough...  not sure what's happened in the space of a couple of months. I blame Lennon ha

Your big teams bottle has crashed that's what's happened.

Still a bit premature for yourself and @Mr. Alli to get the union Jack bunting out and give your cousin a celebration ride just yet...😉 

Still a bit premature for yourself and [mention=76717]Mr. Alli[/mention] to get the union Jack bunting out and give your cousin a celebration ride just yet...[emoji6] 
As I've stated in other threads I'm firmly in the "anybody but the ugly sisters" party, nice try though.

Just now, Empty It said:
3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:
Still a bit premature for yourself and [mention=76717]Mr. Alli[/mention] to get the union Jack bunting out and give your cousin a celebration ride just yet...emoji6.png 

As I've stated in other threads I'm firmly in the "anybody but the ugly sisters" party, nice try though.

Yet here you are ... good luck in Arbroath tonight..

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

45 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

Zidane might just be the most overrated elite footballer of all time, without question he was superb, but was he any better than Iniesta ? Platini ?  and he's a sub every week if Michael Laudrup is part of the same fantasy squad.

Eh? As good as he was he ever close fo winning a Ballon D’or?

47 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Eh? As good as he was he ever close fo winning a Ballon D’or?

You've been on this site for years yet still for that particular trolls pish?

4 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I was sure I saw BBC Scotland's football gossip feature had Calum MacGregor saying Celtic were far better with a back four on Thursday

I think theres a time and a place for a back 3 but not with Duffy and Brown against most sides in the league. I think it’s imperative they play games more often than not so going back to a 4 certainly makes sense for now. Can revert to it when looking to control a lead perhaps though. Also Taylor is also much more comfortable as a full back and acting as a foil for a one two with a winger. Im also not much of a believer of Forrest as a wing back against better teams so this seems to makes sense for a number of reasons.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What about now after 2 further embarrassing defeats and today’s shit show?

Willy will never accept that anything connected to Celtic can do anything wrong so best to save any wear and tear on your keyboard or phone screen.

I think people underestimate how crucial Fraser Forster was to Celtic last season in covering up a lot of deficiencies. They would have lost the League Cup Final to Rangers, and would have struggled to qualify from their Europa League group as his performances in that were outstanding - both Lazio games would have gone the other way for a start. Particularly when you compare him to Scott Bain - him chucking in goals against Cluj was the reason they were in that competition to start with.  Many other times he saved them when previous keepers like Bain and Gordon wouldn't. If they hadn't got him in last season I think this point would have been reached sooner, I don't think the team from 2-11 is considerably worse than last season. They've lost Forster and are missing Forrest and Edouard, if you'd taken those 3 out last season they'd have been hopeless then too. It took Rangers completely collapsing after Christmas to give Celtic the title last year. Rangers just need to make sure they are broadly similar to last year and don't have a major meltdown after Christmas and they will win the league.

Lennon is clearly useless, but it's also poor recruitment over the last couple of years. Those 2 things are now tieing together. When you think how far in front they were under Rodgers and the money they have taken in it's incredible mismanagement at every level to now be in this situation.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever