The Celtic All Seasons thread

28 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Very impressed with Turnball when he came on. Second half we offered nothing but. I'd imagine the fasing out of Brown isnt too far away and this lad will be a ready made replacement... 

Nah he's nothing like Brown.

If they wanted a Brown replacement they should have signed Allan Campbell.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Nah he's nothing like Brown.

If they wanted a Brown replacement they should have signed Allan Campbell.

He can do everything Brown does better and more. Against us this season he was an absolute standout, controlled the game..  Brown was nothing like the player he was at Hibs till he moved to Celtic, they might do the same with Turnball.. 

32 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

He can do everything Brown does better and more. Against us this season he was an absolute standout, controlled the game..  Brown was nothing like the player he was at Hibs till he moved to Celtic, they might do the same with Turnball.. 

I'm not sure you can say that until you've seen Turnbull wipe someone out because he's too slow to catch them.

What do you think, is this Brown's last season with Celtic and if so do you think he will retire or that he still might have a good couple of years left to still play in the top flight of Scottish football for someone else, maybe back to Hibs?
He should make the decision to make this his last season with us. He might move into coaching. There's no doubt though he could have a season or 2 somewhere else .

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
42 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
If they try to make Turnbull the same type of player as Brown then that's very sad to see. 

They wont turn their sights to Turnbull till they have successfully ruined Callum McGregor. Give it 1.5 seasons.

Nah he's overrated shite. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
54 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
If they try to make Turnbull the same type of player as Brown then that's very sad to see. 

They wont turn their sights to Turnbull till they have successfully ruined Callum McGregor. Give it 1.5 seasons.

As anchor midfielder? He was outstanding there when Brown got injured under Rodgers last season. Wouldn’t object to him being there long term tbh.

This stuff about players being ‘ruined’ by being moved further back is nonsense. Some Hibs fans will moronically say it about Brown but he wasn't clinical enough to play ahead of the likes of Robson/Nakamura etc initially. He took a season or two to fully adapt to the discipline required for the role but has now been our most important player in the past decade.

We did the same with Hartley who was excellent for us. We moved Agathe further back and he was outstanding. Now we are looking to get decent money by doing the same with Ajer. 

Its not a phenomenon exclusive to Celtic. if you look at they type of player Roy Keane was at Forrest then at Man U its similar to what we did with Brown. Carrick became a fair bit more of an anchor at Man U than he was at Spurs also. I doubt Forrest or Spurs fans would say they were ruined by doing so though.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As anchor midfielder? He was outstanding there when Brown got injured under Rodgers last season. Wouldn’t object to him being there long term tbh.

This stuff about players being ‘ruined’ by being moved further back is nonsense. Some Hibs fans will moronically say it about Brown but he wasn't clinical enough to play ahead of the likes of Robson/Nakamura etc initially. He took a season or two to adjust to the discipline required for the role but has now been our most important player in the past decade.

We did the same with Hartley who was excellent for us. We moved Agathe further back and he was outstanding. Now we are looking to get decent money by doing the same with Ajer. 

Its not a phenomenon exclusive to Celtic. if you look at they type of player Roy Keane was at Forrest then at Man U its similar to what we did with Brown. Carrick became a fair bit more of an anchor at Man U than he was at Spurs also. I doubt Forrest or Spurs fans would say they were ruined by doing so though.

I was just doing a bit of tongue in cheek tbh, although in McGregors case I have remarked already this season that I think he looks off it and burning him out completely is a possibility. The laddie plays way too much. 

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was just doing a bit of tongue in cheek tbh, although in McGregors case I have remarked already this season that I think he looks off it and burning him out completely is a possibility. The laddie plays way too much. 

I think he's been fine but he does play way too much, especially when you consider how much ground he covers in a game. Sadly I think the most ‘rest’ he will see is when Brown is subbed off or rested and he plays further back.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:
3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
If he gets game time, which it looks like he is starting to get, it can only help him develop as a player.
Not seen a lot of him but he is held in very high regard by Well fans - does it look like he’ll be as good as or better than Christie ??

He seems more dynamic and Christie seems to have gone a bit stale. Would be good to see him get a few starts.

Is Christie now focused on finding a new club down south ? His dads comments don’t appear to have helped his form.

A Celtic fan, recording himself watching the Rangers match last night... while Celtic are playing 😂

Then calls us cheats because we scored hahaha. All whilst wearing a Galatasaray top. Simply lovely.

Edited by AJF

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

A Celtic fan, recording himself watching the Rangers match last night... while Celtic are playing 😂

Then calls us cheats because we scored hahaha. All whilst wearing a Galatasaray top. Simply lovely.

hip hop wtf GIF

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is a prime example of why there's a sub forum for this pish.