The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

No she didn't, She said it's upto the SPFL or SFA to call the games off.

The games are off until Doncaster makes a proposal for keeping them on that the Government agrees to. That's how it works in practice.

There's a call this afternoon (may already have happened) between Doncaster, Maxwell and ScotGov where Doncaster will be asking to keep the rest of the fixtures on.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Celtic games for the next two weeks will be called off, according to Sturgeon.  It’s entirely Celtic and Aberdeen’s fault here.  Sturgeon is obliged to look at the bigger picture, and if it means pissing off a bunch of non voting Celtic fans, so be it.

Willy can't allow Celtic to be seen as the ones in the wrong. Ever.

Just now, G51 said:

The games are off until Doncaster makes a proposal for keeping them on that the Government agrees to. That's how it works in practice.

There's a call this afternoon (may already have happened) between Doncaster, Maxwell and ScotGov where Doncaster will be asking to keep the rest of the fixtures on.

Officially off now.

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nicola Sturgeon said below but there’s no confirmation that any games are postponed yet.

The first minister goes on to say "as minimum you should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play over the course of the coming week.

I'm not sure if you are being pedantic, but I literally said he should ask Sturgeon why Celtic games should be called off because she was the one that mentioned it.

Your quote just reinforces what I said.

Neil Lennon on Bolingoli: “We gave players a couple of days off after Hamilton. We made it clear to players they were not to leave Glasgow. Boli took a flight to Spain on Monday and kept it to himself.... we were livid, appalled.

“We have been bitterly let down by an individual. I didn’t want to hear his excuse. He has blanatly disregarded our instructions.”

“There’s anger and disappointment from the squad. It’s just simply not good enough and it’s disrupted our plans.”

“This is a rogue who has gone off tangent and has done something very very selfish. We have been completely oblivious to this. I’m absolutely livid it’s a total betrayal of our trust.”

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No she didn't, She said it's upto the SPFL or SFA to call the games off.

She said we shouldn't expect the Celtic and Aberdeen games to go ahead.

You asked me why they wouldn't be on, and I said you should ask Sturgeon as she is the one that said it. You're literally trying to start a debate over nothing here.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not sure if you are being pedantic, but I literally said he should ask Sturgeon why Celtic games should be called off because she was the one that mentioned it.

Your quote just reinforces what I said.

Yes I was showing Willie where your info had came from as he doubted what others were saying.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Neil Lennon on Bolingoli: “We gave players a couple of days off after Hamilton. We made it clear to players they were not to leave Glasgow. Boli took flight to Spain on Monday and kept it to himself.... we were livid, appalled.

“We have been bitter let down by an individual. I didn’t want to hear his excuse. He has blanatly disregarded our instructions.”

“There’s anger and disappointment from the squad. It’s just simply not good enough and it’s disrupted our plans.”

“This is a rogue who has gone off tangent and has done something very very selfish. We have been completely oblivious to this. I’m absolutely livid it’s a total betrayal of our trust.”

Amusing to see this happen to Lennon when he was about the only one to publicly criticise the Aberdeen players.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes I was showing Willie where your info had came from as he doubted what others were saying.

I get you now, cheers. I thought you were correcting me on something 😄 Apologies.

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It shouldn’t have come to that though. This shouldn’t have happened.

All Bolingoli has done is proved it's safer to go to Spain for 2 days than spend a night out in Aberdeen.
He came back 6 days ago with no positive results on or off the park.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

All Bolingoli has done is proved it's safer to go to Spain for 2 days than spend a night out in Aberdeen.
He came back 6 days ago with no positive results on or off the park.

You genuinely don't believe he has done anything wrong?

Someone should probably tell Lennon then - he is livid with him.

Credit to Neil Lennon for absolutely hammering into Bolingoli, and you would have to think that he will never play for the club again. But as other cynics have said, if it was Edouard, different rules would apply. I liked Lennon’s reaction when told that it was rumoured that the reason Bolingoli went to Spain was to talk to another club.