The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

That will be an absolute nuclear option for the Scottish Government. Regardless of the reasons for it, it will cost them thousands of votes in next year's election I think.

Correct. It'll never happen (nor should it, in my opinion).

2 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

I don't understand how a football player thinks that they will get away with this kind of crap. I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him but I'm sure some people would recognise him.  Is he so stupid that he didn't see the fallout from what happened in Aberdeen. How many other players are now shitting themselves and trying to hide their idiotic behaviour.

It's worse with players from Celtic and Sevco as cretinous creeps from the opposing side are absolutely desperate for a player to do something wrong so that they can sprint online to tell everyone.

54 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Nicola Sturgeons live press conference she says she doesn’t expect to see either teams play, Jason Leitch backed this up suggesting he has already spoken to the SPL and there has to be implications to protect public health

If he has a time machine then he's using it poorly. There are so many more things I'd do with such a machine than speak to an obsolete footballing authority.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That will be an absolute nuclear option for the Scottish Government. Regardless of the reasons for it, it will cost them thousands of votes in next year's election I think.

I don’t think this will happen but what a monumental f**k up by Bolingoli, Lennon and the player liaison officer.

Given the strongly worded statement issued by the club expect heads to roll over this.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

I can't imagine it happening, but the rules are pretty clear on the UEFA site.  They never mentioned next week.

I'm more concerned about the County Killie game being off though!

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Yeah, wishful thinking on your part there I think

Why is it wishful thinking on my part?  Id rather Scotland has a higher coefficient so getting the game forfeited wouldn't be "wishful" at all.

I'm starting to wonder that too.
Suppose from the SPFL's point of view, it's easy enough to just cancel the split and that'll buy you 5 extra matchdays and get rid of a scheduling headache. Won't be popular but it makes sense if something needs to be done.
We won't get anywhere near the split at this rate. 2 rounds of games, 2 serious breaches of Covid protocol. No way the selfish twats who call themselves professional footballers in this country are suddenly going to start doing the right thing.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not just his. I did a wee Kevin Keegan impersonation when I read it.

😆

Obviously we know that it would  never come to that but we can but hope., 

You'd also be forfeited.

4 minutes ago, The Marly said:
14 hours ago, G51 said:
I'm starting to wonder that too.
Suppose from the SPFL's point of view, it's easy enough to just cancel the split and that'll buy you 5 extra matchdays and get rid of a scheduling headache. Won't be popular but it makes sense if something needs to be done.

We won't get anywhere near the split at this rate. 2 rounds of games, 2 serious breaches of Covid protocol. No way the selfish twats who call themselves professional footballers in this country are suddenly going to start doing the right thing.

I could see them being pulled up/outed for indiscretions in the recent past but no way any of them now would be so stupid to do anything from now onwards.

Would they?

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

You'll need to ask Sturgeon that question, she's the one that said it.

Nicola Sturgeon said below but there’s no confirmation that any games are postponed yet.

The first minister goes on to say "as minimum you should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play over the course of the coming week.

3 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

I could see them being pulled up/outed for indiscretions in the recent past but no way any of them now would be so stupid to do anything from now onwards.

Would they?

It's hard to know because we don't know the restrictions / protocol / guidelines that are agreed between ScotGov and the SPFL.

We've no idea what constitutes a breach of these outside of the obvious.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is no positive cases at Celtic why would any game be called off? 

Celtic games for the next two weeks will be called off, according to Sturgeon.  It’s entirely Celtic and Aberdeen’s fault here.  Sturgeon is obliged to look at the bigger picture, and if it means pissing off a bunch of non voting Celtic fans, so be it.