The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Has to be someone out there in whichever club that brings this whole thing down like a pack of cards.  People were demanding the end of last season being played out, we can't even get the start of this season played.  Another contracted TV game blown out of the water too.

I can't see Boli ever wearing a Celtic jersey again.

Lennon should be forced to play him for the full 90 minutes of each game for the rest of the season  by way of punishment...

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic will have to forfeit their European qualifier. I presume that means that they won’t have the fallback of the Europa League and  they’ll be able to concentrate on the 10(*) in a row.

I don't think we will have to tbh unless a case comes back positive. Dont think UEFA guidelines are as strict.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Throwing it back to the football bodies is classic politics,it's up to the SPFL or SFA to act responsible.

Scottish government has cancelled Celtic and Aberdeen games off for a week. SFA and SPFL have to educate rules to clubs. Cant see anything wrong with that ? 

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:
Scottish government has cancelled Celtic and Aberdeen games off for a week. SFA and SPFL have to educate rules to clubs. Cant see anything wrong with that ? 

It's the SPFL who have called them off according to Sturgeon.

I watched it live did not hear that. Maybe I missed that. There is another meeting today regarding this so press conference later. I would be surprised if players breaking rules will never play for the club again. 

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic will have to forfeit their European qualifier. I presume that means that they won’t have the fallback of the Europa League and  they’ll be able to concentrate on the 10(*) in a row.

Atletico Madrid had two players test positive a couple of days ago but are being allowed to play their upcoming Euro match(es) despite that.

Edited by Ross.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:
10 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:
Does this make Celtic the first Scottish club to forfeit a European tie?

Why would that be the case?

New rules for these qualifiers, where if a game can not be played after the draw, the country imposing the rules will be forfeited.

20200811_130910.jpg

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Why would that apply to Celtic?

I'm assuming he means it would apply to Celtic if the Scottish Government/SPFL prevent them from playing the tie.

That is extremely unlikely though in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would that apply to Celtic?

I'm assuming, if the Scottish Government prevent the Celtic game from happening, it could result in them having to forfeit the tie.

Although nothing was said about games next week.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I'm assuming he means it would apply to Celtic if the Scottish Government/SPFL prevent them from playing the tie.

That is extremely unlikely though in my opinion.

That will be an absolute nuclear option for the Scottish Government. Regardless of the reasons for it, it will cost them thousands of votes in next year's election I think.