The Celtic All Seasons thread

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

It deflects away from any talk of celtic playing an ineligible player and any possible punishments. 

He was a lot of things, but ineligible is not one of them. The football eligibility rules relate only to registrations and suspensions, not to government-imposed quarantines. It may have been illegal (or at least against guidance) for him to have been at Rugby Park in terms of the laws of Scotland, but there was nothing wrong with it in terms of the SPFL rules.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That really is a stretch. The club followed the testing rules and regulations, you can’t mitigate against twats like Boli blatantly lying. 
You basically are making up new rules here regarding punishment.

It's a stretch but not that much.

Bolingoli shouldn't have been playing or anywhere near Kilmarnock, by law. Club will probably get away with pleading ignorance on this occasion but going forward I think that needs to change.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

All clubs need to be ramming the rules and restrictions down the players throats.  Presumably Celtic did and this is a breach of their code of conduct.  Celtic need to be seen to be dealing with this, not a quiet word.

I’ve already said he should be sacked. Hopefully that also keeps the Scottish Government onside also. 

The more I think about punishment though Its a tricky situation make really harsh and you will still get fannies breaking the rules and then not disclosing where they have been etc. 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That really is a stretch. The club followed the testing rules and regulations, you can’t mitigate against twats like Boli blatantly lying. 
You basically are making up new rules here regarding punishment.

He should have been isolating for 2 weeks, the UK and Scottish governments have been clear about this.

He should not have been anywhere near a football pitch, he wasn't eligible to play.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The fact that his name is Boli Bollingoli Mbombo and he was splattered all over the press when Celtic paid £3m for him. 

And there was talk of him growing up and playing football with Pogba as if that was going to make him some sort of superstar by association. He is just another typical old firm signing that has an over inflated reputation given to them by the media. If it wasn’t for the money on offer to him from Celtic he could easily get a start at the likes of Cluj or Bate who are similar sides that also make the champions league each season, win the odd game there but ultimately get pumped against any real opponents.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

He should have been isolating for 2 weeks, the UK and Scottish governments have been clear about this.

He should not have been anywhere near a football pitch, he wasn't eligible to play.

Again, this is nothing to with ‘eligibility’ in terms of football registration/suspension. Keep stretching but its not going to fit,

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I think it comes under the SFA regulation of being 'imperfectly eligible' (the Sandy Bryson rule I believe)

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Again, this is nothing to with ‘eligibility’ in terms of football registration/suspension. Keep stretching but its not going to fit,

He was ineligible to play end of, unless the isolation rules don't apply to celtic players.

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

Presumably Celtic’s game tomorrow gets postponed, Sky will be loving this.

Wouldn’t be surprising if they had some sort of penalty in the contract to cover this, especially in August when they don’t have much other live football. In a normal season, they might just take postponements on the chin but would expect them to have different provisions in the latest contract.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

I got different answers when I looked up the fine but he should be on the end of a £480 bill.  Chicken feed but symbolic.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The fact that his name is Boli Bollingoli Mbombo and he was splattered all over the press when Celtic paid £3m for him. 

I did a survey across my mam, my wife and my son, no-one had heard of him

Do we know when he he went to Spain and when he returned? How is it at all feasible that not one member of staff, not one player in the dressing room, knew he was on holiday, or just back a holiday? 

He was on the bench for their opening fixture vs Hamilton. So was this a midweek trip, or was he away during preseason? 

I don't understand how a football player thinks that they will get away with this kind of crap. I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him but I'm sure some people would recognise him.  Is he so stupid that he didn't see the fallout from what happened in Aberdeen. How many other players are now shitting themselves and trying to hide their idiotic behaviour.

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Do we know when he he went to Spain and when he returned? How is it at all feasible that not one member of staff, not one player in the dressing room, knew he was on holiday, or just back a holiday? 

He was on the bench for their opening fixture vs Hamilton. So was this a midweek trip, or was he away during preseason? 

Celtic need a strong Lee Wallace.