The Celtic All Seasons thread

27 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Clearly the SFA and SPFL will have to make a stand on this whether that be fines, suspensions or points deductions for serious breaches of the current guidelines. 

Ironically they’ll need to ask the clubs for these powers which will likely be laughed out the room 

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's very interesting but we're kicking a competitive ball on 6th October in the Betfred Cup, as well you know.

Fact remains Falkirk, among others, are back in training already. 

Pre-season bounce games, as well you know.

Are Falkirk in pre-season training? They usually make a splash about it online and in the Herald and I haven't seen anything. 

4 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think this is a Cummings moment for the Scottish Government 

If they do nothing people are just going to say if footballers don’t need to follow the rules why should I follow them

Going to be an interesting day 

Not really.

Bolingoli will be punished. The question for the SG is whether football as a whole should suffer as result of a few individuals.

28 minutes ago, gannonball said:

They would need to make up the rules for Covid breaches first surely? You wouldn’t be able to retrospectively Punish what has already gone on either. I do think something needs to be drawn up though.

The problem with that is it changes week by week, putting things in place wouldn't last long.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not really.

Bolingoli will be punished. The question for the SG is whether football as a whole should suffer as result of a few individuals.

Sorry don’t agree 

What about all the people he’s been in contact with since his return.

Track and Trace is being flouted  as the game changer if Bolingoli’s contacts are not traced and isolated why should anyone else adhere to the rules 

Or like Cummings is it one rule for them and another for the rest of us 

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Pre-season bounce games, as well you know.

Are Falkirk in pre-season training? They usually make a splash about it online and in the Herald and I haven't seen anything. 

We certainly don't treat them as pre-season bounce games but even if we did it doesn't change the fact clubs would never seriously go into them on 2 weeks training or less, especially after a 5 month lock down. The idea that a "pause" in football return won't affect lower division clubs is a nonsense. Those who aren't already back will be back within the next fortnight.

Falkirk were certainly training last week. I know someone who was there. Whether they are "officially" training and complying with the required regime I don't know.

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

What makes you think they’d recognise the name and connect him to Celtic? 

The fact that his name is Boli Bollingoli Mbombo and he was splattered all over the press when Celtic paid £3m for him. 

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Sorry don’t agree 

What about all the people he’s been in contact with since his return.

Track and Trace is being flouted  as the game changer if Bolingoli’s contacts are not traced and isolated why should anyone else adhere to the rules 

Or like Cummings is it one rule for them and another for the rest of us 

Yes, players are being tested twice a week so they can do what they want.

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

This is hilarious. All the shenanigans about ending the season, league construction etc. And Premiership clubs couldn't run a raffle draw. Hopefully Wee Nick shuts you down.

You do realise if Sturgeon orders a shut down, it will f*ck your club up before it does any of  the premiership clubs.......

1 hour ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Loving the self-righteous ‘sack him’ chat from the Celtic fans, as if that’s the line they’d use if it was French Eddie who jumped a plane to Benidorm. 

It deflects away from any talk of celtic playing an ineligible player and any possible punishments. 

30 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think you’ll find that the Government hold all the cards here and will tell the SFA/SPFL what’s happening or games a bogey 

The Government may issue the clubs with an ultimatum - implement rules where breaches are punishable or the game is off 

It’s a just speculation, f**k knows what is happening behind the scenes 

I’ll be absolutely gutted if the football is binned and I am genuinely appalled at my club’s part in it 

Edited by Frank Grimes

1 minute ago, bennett said:

It deflects away from any talk of celtic playing an ineligible player and any possible punishments. 

That really is a stretch. The club followed the testing rules and regulations, you can’t mitigate against twats like Boli blatantly lying. 
You basically are making up new rules here regarding punishment.

Just now, gannonball said:

That really is a stretch. The club followed the testing rules and regulations, you can’t mitigate against twats like Boli blatantly lying. 
You basically are making up new rules here regarding punishment.

All clubs need to be ramming the rules and restrictions down the players throats.  Presumably Celtic did and this is a breach of their code of conduct.  Celtic need to be seen to be dealing with this, not a quiet word.