The Celtic All Seasons thread

Why would there be a halt to football? What would the grounds be for public health/risk reduction?

I will be absolutely livid if the Scottish Government treat this as a "well if you can't behave..." thing. This isn't primary school pupils not getting golden time because someone talked without putting his hand up.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Why would there be a halt to football? What would the grounds be for public health/risk reduction?

I will be absolutely livid if the Scottish Government treat this as a "well if you can't behave..." thing. This isn't primary school pupils not getting golden time because someone talked without putting his hand up.

Any repeat / serious breach "all bets are off" in terms of action taken. Quote NS.

24 minutes ago, resk said:

Then what next if that happens? Send a polis round to sit outside his house for two weeks? Tell him to remember he's a pro footballer so he definitely has to obey the law?

I'd assume somebody would maybe phone Celtic, one of the biggest clubs in Scotland and perhaps say "Why was one of your players flying to Spain?" 

Perhaps I'm naive, to claim the majority of the country DGAF about the football is certainly some outlook. They might not go to it, they certainly do care though. 

The SG are pissing me off big time. 
It is like Big Brother. 
This was one idiot who happens to be a footballer. What about the many that are waltzing into shops without masks on and could not care less. Shall we shut down shops. 
The power has gone to their heads. 
99% of footballers and clubs are behaving appropriately. 
We may have no choice. What to be egomaniacal power hungry muppets. 

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Any repeat / serious breach "all bets are off" in terms of action taken. Quote NS.

There is absolutely no logic behind that other than trying to prove a point, which is not the way to run a country.

I take it they'd do the same with all the schools if any teachers go out in a group of 8 for dinner, or if one has been in Spain in the last two weeks?

Even though this plonker is testing negative he still could have the virus. The other players and staff will have to be interviewed. Asked if they were in close proximity to him for 15 minutes or so - I am guessing he was in a busy dressing room pre kick off, half time and post match. If so, then Scottish Government has an issue. If that is the case, several Celtic players and staff will have to isolate.  And before you ask, I'm not from a medical background. I am just using the protocol that Jason Leitch has said is to be used for teachers, staff and pupils. So, the Scottish Government will have to implement the testing protocol resulting in potential postponements  as a bulk of Celtic players and staff could now be asymptomatic - or ignore it and have one protocol for Celtic and one for schools and the rest of us. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd assume somebody would maybe phone Celtic, one of the biggest clubs in Scotland and perhaps say "Why was one of your players flying to Spain?" 

What makes you think they’d recognise the name and connect him to Celtic? The majority of the country would have no idea who he is. I would class myself as a big football fan, albeit I don’t watch much top flight football , and I’ve never heard of him. 

What makes you think they’d recognise the name and connect him to Celtic? The majority of the country would have no idea who he is. I would class myself as a big football fan, albeit I don’t watch much top flight football , and I’ve never heard of him. 
Most opposition wingers barely know who he is fnarr fnarr chortle chortle.

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Why not suspend him for a month and postpone the next 2 Celtic and Killie matches while having daily testing of those 2 clubs with Celtic footing the bill for Killie’s tests?

Once you’ve been in contact with somebody who has it, and you have been informed by NHS test and trace, you have to self-isolate for 14 days even if you test negative. Daily testing wouldn’t change that.

Just now, Flash said:

Once you’ve been in contact with somebody who has it, and you have been informed by NHS test and trace, you have to self-isolate for 14 days even if you test negative. Daily testing wouldn’t change that.

Gotcha. 
Didn’t know the rules over there.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There is absolutely no logic behind that other than trying to prove a point, which is not the way to run a country.

I take it they'd do the same with all the schools if any teachers go out in a group of 8 for dinner, or if one has been in Spain in the last two weeks?

It would obviously be political.

Football has been given special dispensation to get going again. The SFA/SPFL di da lot of leaning on the SG and made a whole host of promises for them to agree to it. There are several industries still not being allowed to open (gyms for example) that will see it as unfair that football is on again.

They obviously wouldn't do the same for teachers as some crackpots think education is more important than football.

I'd agree there's no clinical reason to stop football off the back of these incidents but it would be to send a message.

5 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

How would a big football fan not know who Bolongoli is?

You are not a big football fan is my conclusion.

1 minute ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Loving the self-righteous ‘sack him’ chat from the Celtic fans, as if that’s the line they’d use if it was French Eddie who jumped a plane to Benidorm. 

Now praying that Bolingoli gets sacked then that emerges about Eduoard.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

How would a big football fan not know who Bolongoli is?

You are not a big football fan is my conclusion.

Yeah, you’re probably right in fairness.  Certainly have very little interest in watching either side of the OF anyway. I still think the majority of the population would have no idea who he is, far less who he is employed by. 

Now praying that Bolingoli gets sacked then that emerges about Eduoard.

He might be "quietly" moved along now. Wasn't going to be a mainstay of the team anyway.

I'm sure Peter will be telling the SPFL, the SFA, the MSM and the SG exactly what is to happen.

ETA - OR....he's plays tomorrow and scores the winner decapitating heads everywhere.

SoggyEagerAnura-size_restricted.gif.a44e34e1ba1af2fd513784031a2e33ec.gif

Just now, Romeo said:

He might be "quietly" moved along now. Wasn't going to be a mainstay of the team anyway.

I'm sure Peter will be telling the SPFL, the SFA, the MSM and the SG exactly what is to happen.

SoggyEagerAnura-size_restricted.gif

If Uncle Peter is brokering stuff with the SFA/SG etc. could you pass on the message that the Dons are in a bit of hot water at the moment and we are willing to vote to keep the 11-1 voting structure again if he can help us out.