The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Papers going with the story that Celtic are after Bayern number 2 - Sven Ulreich. Lennon discovered that his new keeper is a dud or something? He'd command a huge wage, need to be 1st choice and confine the new guy to being a bench sitter.

To be fair, despite being long term number 2, he was absolutely brilliant at Stuttgart and he didn't look out of place for Bayern in the 17-18 season either.

Never gonna happen, surely?

But still, get it fucking up you Scott Bain. Oh, and send Hazard our way (Not because he's good, but because Jack Hamilton).

I would file this under bullshit tbh, whilst we could be doing with another keeper we wont be spending significant money on one. If there was any truth it may have been a case we were looking at him before we signed  Barkas.

On another note Bayo out, Ajeti in looks to be tremendous business if true.

17 hours ago, gannonball said:

I would file this under bullshit tbh, whilst we could be doing with another keeper we wont be spending significant money on one. If there was any truth it may have been a case we were looking at him before we signed  Barkas.

On another note Bayo out, Ajeti in looks to be tremendous business if true.

Ajeti looks very talented however has struggled both times he has moved from Switzerland- albeit the German and English leagues are much stronger than ours. Be interesting to see how he settles.

Fletcher would be a very good short term signing.

If you get Fletcher and Ajeti along with Edouard and the emerging Klimala is that likely to be the end of Griffiths ?

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ajeti looks very talented however has struggled both times he has moved from Switzerland- albeit the German and English leagues are much stronger than ours. Be interesting to see how he settles.

If you get Fletcher and Ajeti along with Edouard and the emerging Klimala is that likely to be the end of Griffiths ?

For me Griffiths is a better option than Fletcher. Griffiths will always score more goals.

41 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Would Imagine its one or the other for Fletcher and Ajeti, in terms of finances and convincing one to be second fiddle to Eddie. 

Edited by gannonball

I think if bringing in either of these strikers means they can offload Griffiths then Celtic will jump at the opportunity.

If you believe what the papers say this morning, that’s another telling off he has received from the club after hosting a party. 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think if bringing in either of these strikers means they can offload Griffiths then Celtic will jump at the opportunity.

If you believe what the papers say this morning, that’s another telling off he has received from the club after hosting a party. 

You hope Griffiths goes because as soon as the wee man gets a couple of games he'll be hitting the back of the onion bag just like last season. Lennon knows it also. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Griffiths has a better chance of catching STD's than Covid.

13 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

You hope Griffiths goes because as soon as the wee man gets a couple of games he'll be hitting the back of the onion bag just like last season. Lennon knows it also. 

It’s not what I hope, it’s what I think Celtic will want.

Whether Griffiths is playing well won’t change things much if Edouard keeps on doing what he is doing. 

Just now, AJF said:

It’s not what I hope, it’s what I think Celtic will want.

Whether Griffiths is playing well won’t change things much if Edouard keeps on doing what he is doing. 

I'm not quite buying the Edouard hype based on one outing vs a poor Hamilton, but my point was Griff is a proven goal scorer and winner at Celtic.  Lennon would be nuts to freeze him out for the names being linked.  With 5 subs a game he should be playing anyway.  If he was at your club you would not want him dropped for Slipper's two new guys would you. 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That actually made me laugh mate - have a greenie.

Not quite Frankie Boyle But seriously Griffiths has 4 years on Fletcher in terms of goals it's not a personality contest?
Fletcher is better with his back to goal bringing midfielders into play, Griffiths plays on the half turn and over the top plus set plays.