The Celtic All Seasons thread

CELTIC hope to face Dundalk in a pre-season friendly at Parkhead this weekend.

But the Irish champions are waiting on the government's green light to travel to Scotland.

Neil Lennon's side are currently in Paris as they gear up for tomorrow's match against PSG.

The Hoops drew 1-1 with Nice and lost 2-1 to Lyon in last week's Trophee Veolia tournament.

And they could continue their preparations for the new campaign by hosting League of Ireland outfit Dundalk on Saturday.

Dundalk have a gap in their schedule ahead of their first league game back against St Pat's next Friday.

Vinny Perth's men have already faced Derry City, Bohemians and Drogheda United in recent friendlies.

But their trip to Glasgow hinges on whether the UK will be included in the Irish government's 'green list' of travel destinations

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

CELTIC hope to face Dundalk in a pre-season friendly at Parkhead this weekend.

But the Irish champions are waiting on the government's green light to travel to Scotland.

Neil Lennon's side are currently in Paris as they gear up for tomorrow's match against PSG.

The Hoops drew 1-1 with Nice and lost 2-1 to Lyon in last week's Trophee Veolia tournament.

And they could continue their preparations for the new campaign by hosting League of Ireland outfit Dundalk on Saturday.

Dundalk have a gap in their schedule ahead of their first league game back against St Pat's next Friday.

Vinny Perth's men have already faced Derry City, Bohemians and Drogheda United in recent friendlies.

But their trip to Glasgow hinges on whether the UK will be included in the Irish government's 'green list' of travel destinations

Reminds me of my amateur football days. All these fixtures getting postponed or a new one cropping up out of nowhere last minute. Must be so frustrating for the clubs.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't worry, I'm sure all the Celtic fans will criticise him for it and not just round the wagons.

Apparently cheating on your wife, pumping other women in the bed you share with her, and threatening folk with knifes is all fine as long as you win a trophy as a Celtic employee. I'll get more abuse for this from Celtic fans than Lennon, somehow.

I’m only going to abuse you for typing  “knifes” instead of “knives”.

You twonk.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. A guy who cheats on his wife, and mother of his children, with two women half his age, and then threatens one his mistresses with a knife if she talks, sounds like a really great guy.

Any abuse he gets for being an absolute dickhead is because we're all massive bigots and not because, you know, he's an absolute dickhead.

Not sure about the credibility of this but if he’s threatened a woman with a knife he will surely be sacked right away ??

Not sure about the credibility of this but if he’s threatened a woman with a knife he will surely be sacked right away ??

While at Bolton he told his gf if she told his wife of their affair then someone might hold a knife to her throat, and he didn’t want that. Obviously a hidden threat and covering his own back with his choice of words. Comes across as a c**t who knew what he was doing but not an actual knife threat.

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

While at Bolton he told his gf if she told his wife of their affair then someone might hold a knife to her throat, and he didn’t want that. Obviously a hidden threat and covering his own back with his choice of words. Comes across as a c**t who knew what he was doing but not an actual knife threat.

Crikey really ? That’s not great. What a b*****d !!

"Nae idea why everyone hates Lenny"

"Several examples including threatening a woman with a knife"

"Must be because hes a catholic eh"

Again, some foresight shown by Scottish football fans seeing all that in the coming years.

He never received abuse at away grounds in England and never escaped it in Scotland.

34 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Again, some foresight shown by Scottish football fans seeing all that in the coming years.

He never received abuse at away grounds in England and never escaped it in Scotland.

Out of interest, what kind of treatment did Lennon receive from fans when he first joined Celtic that you mention? Was he targeted more than any of his teammates?

I genuinely can’t remember him getting pelters until he started getting gobby.

Of course, I may be mistaken given it was nearly 20 years ago.

I think the real reason he gets abuse is because his greeting face victim act but no Celtic fans will accept that because it's not about his religion. He's in the limelight in Scotland managing one of the two biggest teams in the country unlike his mediocre spell in England.

It's the same with Griffiths he gets abuse in Scotland because he's a p***k off the pitch but no one bothered in England because he wasn't great at that level.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

Out of interest, what kind of treatment did Lennon receive from fans when he first joined Celtic that you mention? Was he targeted more than any of his teammates?

He hates ****. He’s only fucking human.

Roundly booed on his debut at Dundee and that theme carried on to the majority of away grounds.

Roundly booed on his debut at Dundee and that theme carried on to the majority of away grounds.
I thing people forget the abuse he got (and had to retire) when he played for NI. There was only one reason for that.