The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Well, he's not long for this land.

I'm sure I could dig up quite a few quotes from the past couple of seasons with people saying he was shite and a waste of money.

We should make quite a handsome profit on our 9 mill investment. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

I'm sure I could dig up quite a few quotes from the past couple of seasons with people saying he was shite and a waste of money.

We should make quite a handsome profit on our 9 mill investment. 

Don't think anyone said he was shite. But after last season I wouldn't have been convinced at you recouping such a big investment.

He definitely looks better though.

On 02/12/2018 at 16:56, Jan Vojáček said:

He obviously scores plenty because he's in a very good team, but I just don't get Odsonne Edouard at all. If Celtic had a better striker he'd be hitting 30+ a season very, very comfortably.

On 28/10/2018 at 14:50, Diamond8 said:

That Edouard is a dumpling, how many millions were wasted on him?

On 20/10/2018 at 17:00, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Dunno why we played Milligan at right back, pish. Why not the Greek boy or Whittaker? And dropping Porteous for a guy who hasn't played in weeks. Embarrassing to ship 4. That Edouard huddy getting  two makes it even worse.  

On 20/10/2018 at 15:48, Forest of Dean said:

Rogic and Ntcham are good players. You definitely need a new striker though as Edouard ain't gonna cut it in the mid to long term.

On 20/10/2018 at 15:09, Forest of Dean said:

Edouard missing a sitter - what a diddy :lol:

9x as much for an inferior player to Morelos. Oh dear...

On 26/09/2018 at 22:09, RandomGuy. said:

That Edouard looks complete horse.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't think anyone said he was shite. But after last season I wouldn't have been convinced at you recouping such a big investment.

Just a random search of 'Edouard' and a jump to page 6. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's obviously a very good player, but Celtic fans would be taking the piss out of Rangers fans if they were trying to overhype Morelos on the basis of a couple of performances in friendlies against the likes of Albania U21s and Czech Republic U21s.

As far as purchasing teams are concerned I think it's viewed as far more relevant than scoring in Scotland. 

Tbh people on here claimed Van Dijk would fail in England and that he was overrated. I don't pay it much mind but I knew it would be a doddle to find loads of posts calling him shite. 

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I refer you to the post by the @The OP

But he does look even better this year.

Edouard is part of Celtic's strategy to buy young, sell high. He's 21, Ajer is 21, Ntcham 23, Bayo 22, Shved 22, Christie 24, Eboue 21, Arzani 20, Rogic is still only 26. Bitton was bought when he was 23, Hendry when he was 22.

Dembele was 19 when he signed for Celtic, Wanyama was 20, VVD 21, Armstrong 23. Between the four of them they brought in £41.8 million, plus another c.£7.5 million for VVD's sell-on.

All of the 6 highest transfer fees received by Scottish clubs are players who either came through at Celtic, or Celtic signed by the time they were 24, with Forster the only player who was over 21 when he signed.

They're finding good value, and getting players who are good enough to have an impact in Scotland while they're still young, though I don't know whether it offsets the costs of the players who don't make it.

IMO Edouard is as good as Dembele and I'll be surprised if Celtic don't make £10 million on him. 

57 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’d be raging, McBurnie went for £18-20m.

Same as Dembele. McBurnie has a track record of scoring in the English second tier though, which Sheffield Utd presumably thought was valuable. I'd expect Edouard to go for about the same, unless he starts ripping it up in the Europa League. Hard to predict the market though.

Celtic have done a great job over the last decade of standing their ground on transfers which now means anyone performing to a high level will go for a fee higher than the previous record sale. I think Eduard will be more expensive than the £25m for Tierney if he continues at his current level.

Not looking to get dragged into any discussion of the merits of Morelos being worth £30m because I rate him very highly as well but the increased fees Celtic are receiving will benefit Sevco at some point.