The Celtic All Seasons thread

Kaveh Solhekol (Sky reporter) on Arsenal’s rejected bid for Tierney: “£18m plus £7m in add-ons, but those add-ons would be over the whole term of Tierney’s contract at Arsenal, which is why Celtic have had a look at that & said, ‘No, that is not good enough’.”

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Kaveh Solhekol (Sky reporter) on Arsenal’s rejected bid for Tierney: “£18m plus £7m in add-ons, but those add-ons would be over the whole term of Tierney’s contract at Arsenal, which is why Celtic have had a look at that & said, ‘No, that is not good enough’.”

It’s a tough one for Tierney. He won’t want to push the move through as he’s a Celtic fan but he knows if he stays up here he won’t progress in the same manner. Especially with Rodgers leaving and Lennon taking over.

I think he’ll end up staying where he is. Just an opinion.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s a tough one for Tierney. He won’t want to push the move through as he’s a Celtic fan but he knows if he stays up here he won’t progress in the same manner. Especially with Rodgers leaving and Lennon taking over.

I'm glad Celtic are in a position to turn down that amount of dosh,if Celtic accept an offer I think he will go.
If he stays and Celtic get 9iar there is no way hes leaving.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Big decision for KT. No hard feelings if he goes. I genuinely think he won’t get this type of offer again. Celtic would be a weaker team without him, and I do see him as a future captain. But on the other hand we’ve handled it without him most of last season.

8 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Big decision for KT. No hard feelings if he goes. I genuinely think he won’t get this type of offer again. Celtic would be a weaker team without him, and I do see him as a future captain. But on the other hand we’ve handled it without him most of last season.

Again I have would have no feeling either, he’s going to have his wages tripled at least. I would rather he give us one more season or even to the next transfer window with all the upheaval we have had. Give the new lad time to settle too and learn off him too. 

Guest Moomintroll
If he goes on to lift 10iar as captain at 24 years old I think a better offer will come.
willy, I know you cannot comprehend these things but there are greater things in life than Uncle Peter's bonuses. KT will go, you bollox will probably nick GT from us & life will go on.

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If he goes on to lift 10iar as captain at 24 years old I think a better offer will come.

Prospective buyers are likely to be more interested in his individual performances than whether the team he plays for has won X amount of consecutive titles I would imagine. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Prospective buyers are likely to be more interested in his individual performances than whether the team he plays for has won X amount of consecutive titles I would imagine. 

Exactly. It’s not like he’s been fucking captain since he was 14.

19 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

willy, I know you cannot comprehend these things but there are greater things in life than Uncle Peter's bonuses. KT will go, you bollox will probably nick GT from us & life will go on.

You seem to have a major problem with Mr Lawwell,when King Kenny left Celtic to Liverpool the rumour was gambling debts were paid with his fee.
Are you suggesting Uncle Peter's hands are bigger than Mr Green's?

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

For me he already shows responsibility on the pitch but still to develop leadership qualities.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

Big decision for KT. No hard feelings if he goes. I genuinely think he won’t get this type of offer again. 

You're right. He'll be found out soon enough so best to move first.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I have seen more than one person saying the fee was £18million up front, £2m once he makes 100 appearances and £5m if Arsenal win the title within 4 years.... the last part is pure comedy gold, like me asking for a Visa for the USA and promising to pay $1000 dollars if I get a ride at Jennifer Lawrence.  

Just now, Flybhoy said:

I have seen more than one person saying the fee was £18million up front, £2m once he makes 100 appearances and £5m if Arsenal win the title within 4 years.... the last part is pure comedy gold, like me asking for a Visa for the USA and promising to pay $1000 dollars if I get a ride at Jennifer Lawrence.  

If that is true then Arsenal are taking the piss.  They need to stump up 25 mil cash or f**k off, that being said there are rumours that Arsenal are skint which is why they are trying to get KT on the cheap

Seemingly Arsenal don't have a great transfer budget, a few seasons now outwith the Champions League has seen them fall substantially behind the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester clubs in both playing squad and finances, seemingly £40m is their budget for the summer unless they make a big sale on someone like Aubyemang, hence trying to get Tierney on part finance.

For their sheer brass neck and general contempt the English hold Scottish football in, thinking they can take players on the cheap I'd much rather, IF he goes we sold him to Napoli,  £25m up front, no installments, take it or leave it and GTF.