The Celtic All Seasons thread

The lad is a cracking player. Seemed to have his head screwed on. One of those players that I didn’t care who he played for, I was able to simply recognise his talent, wish him well. With £25 million coming their way, Celtic will cruise to 9, 10, 100 in a row. Probably 10 trebles in a row. The only fly in Lawwell’s ointment will be if Celtic fans expect him to spend £25 million (or more) on players that are not there simply to pump the shite out of St Johnstone by 7 goals, but rather to make a meaningful impact on European football. Lawwell could spunk upwards of £25 million trying for that, only to find Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid and others are spunking three times that. Anyway, congratulations Celtic on that 100 in a row.

Edited by pozbaird

Fingers crossed in future we develop players who are talented but frustrating until they’re about 26 when they become key. That’s the way to hang onto them. The James Forrest model.

Pleased we’ve found a class replacement for Tierney but. 

On 15/07/2019 at 10:11, Desp said:

It seems as though it's only a matter of time before Tierney is on his way. Fair play to Celtic for ensuring they'll get maximum value for their player. I always want Motherwell to get the highest possible fee for their players, so I won't criticise Celtic for doing the same, particularly when the buying club is from that circus league. 

For KT himself, hopefully he can get his injury problems sorted. He's certainly not looked the same in recent times, but there's no doubt he has tremendous potential. He only needs to take a quick look at his international team mate for inspiration. Arsenal would be a good fit for him, IMO. The more Scottish players in top leagues the better. 

Aye, what I said.  I really can't believe there's Celtic fans out there giving him stick for this.  Really? Probably the same folk who were telling Motherwell they shouldn't be angry at Motherwell fan David Turnbull for moving to a bigger club. 

Tremendous deal for Celtic if they are actually getting the £25m. Excellent player and not going to be easy to come close to replacing him(3 Bolingolis still wouldn't make a dent) but his recent injury record had to be concerning, especially the nature of those injuries.

Twitter was brilliant last night.  The seethe was lovely.

Celtic fans not accepting there are bigger clubs than them is a wonderful sight.  The irony of it happening to them when they've done it to clubs like Aberdeen, ICT, Motherwell, Hibs for years can't be lost.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Twitter was brilliant last night.  The seethe was lovely.

Celtic fans not accepting there are bigger clubs than them is a wonderful sight.  The irony of it happening to them when they've done it to clubs like Aberdeen, ICT, Motherwell, Hibs for years can't be lost.

It's the misguided sense of loyalty that Tierney should have that I enjoy, and to be fair, that shit gets seen absolutely everywhere. It's not a big club/small club thing. It's an idiotic football supporter thing.

5 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

It's the misguided sense of loyalty that Tierney should have that I enjoy, and to be fair, that shit gets seen absolutely everywhere. It's not a big club/small club thing. It's an idiotic football supporter thing.

I think they have got used to a lot of their Scottish players such as Brown, McGregor (barring a spell at Notts County early doors), Forrest etc not leaving and their fans see it because they want to stay for 10iar - it’s not, it’s because there’s never been the opportunity, as nobody has bid for them or ambition/desire for those guys to leave.

So, when more ambitious Scots like Tierney and Armstrong go, the seethe is outrageous.

If Tierney can get fit, avoid further injury and not get homesick as some of our boys do for some reason, then I think he’ll do very well for Arsenal.

Yep, guys like Brown and Forrest are happy to win meaningless title after title instead of going to a top league and actually challenging themselves.

Armstrong and Tierney obviously want that challenge.  Each to their own I suppose.  Although I'm guessing Celtic haven't exactly been beating potential suitors for Brown away with a stick.....

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, guys like Brown and Forrest are happy to win meaningless title after title instead of going to a top league and actually challenging themselves.

Armstrong and Tierney obviously want that challenge.  Each to their own I suppose.  Although I'm guessing Celtic haven't exactly been beating potential suitors for Brown away with a stick.....

I was going to say, I'm not sure how much interest there has ever been from England for those 2. Certainly I think their value to Celtic far outweighs the value that English clubs would put on them, which means they are never going to go anywhere.

I don't think a player in Tierney's position had much choice. Armstrong is the one that I would say is the most ambitious, being willing to turn down a new deal to sign for a club like Southampton shows a real desire to make it down south and not settle for meaningless league title after league title.

It's really funny watching some Celtic fans battle over how to react over this. Obviously they went way over the top with Rodgers leaving, but could at least try and save face by claiming that he clearly wasn't a real Celtic man and that he was just a fraud. However, Tierney is Celtic 'through and through' yet still leaves, it's like they just can't compute that there are bigger and better clubs out there.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever