The Celtic All Seasons thread

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Anger over lowballing by a club that looks down on the selling team and thinks it can get players on the cheap?

Every club does it at every level, however the English clubs and English contemptuous  attitudes in general to Scottish football go beyond the pale in that respect. 

5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Every club does it at every level, however the English clubs and English contemptuous  attitudes in general to Scottish football go beyond the pale in that respect. 

I agree, however looking at our diddy league, we are ranked 20th, Serbia 19th & Belarus 21st.  Name me a left back from their leagues, that is not even the 1st choice international in their position, that has cost what Celtic are asking. 

Tbh, its not as bad as Celtics contemptuous attitude to Scottish Football, so you dont really have much to go on here.

Anger over lowballing by a club that looks down on the selling team and thinks it can get players on the cheap?
You're right we should pay what a selling club asks for straight away without question. Or even better double what they are asking.

Some people seem to forget clubs are under no pressure to sell to us.

Guest Moomintroll
You seem to have a major problem with Mr Lawwell,when King Kenny left Celtic to Liverpool the rumour was gambling debts were paid with his fee.
Are you suggesting Uncle Peter's hands are bigger than Mr Green's?
I am not a fan of his, mostly by osmosis as none of my Celtic supporting family can stand the guy. Looking at it from my outside perspective, he seems more interested in securing bonuses for himself than putting a team on the park that will blow everyone else away. Even though the players & management have done a great job in being so consistent over the last few years, it could have been so much more comfortable & European progress could have been better.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:
You seem to have a major problem with Mr Lawwell,when King Kenny left Celtic to Liverpool the rumour was gambling debts were paid with his fee.

I am not a fan of his, mostly by osmosis as none of my Celtic supporting family can stand the guy. Looking at it from my outside perspective, he seems more interested in securing bonuses for himself than putting a team on the park that will blow everyone else away. Even though the players & management have done a great job in being so consistent over the last few years, it could have been so much more comfortable & European progress could have been better.

More comfortable than a treble treble?

Guest Moomintroll
28 minutes ago, Romeo said:

More comfortable than a treble treble?

Yes Romeo, look at what I said, it could have been achieved with a greater degree of comfort & with more investment, a greater degree of European success would have been possible which would unlock even more funds to widen the gap further. In all honesty I don't really care about any team other than Killie, this acceptance of a lack of fulfilling potential to benefit someone financially is what we were going apeshit about through the MJ years and I do not understand why Celtic fans are happy to be in a position where Rangers have a realistic chance of winning the league this year. If Celtic reinvest the KT fee wisely then that will not happen but you just know Uncle Peter is going to bank half of that & reap the benefits personally come bonus time to the detriment of the quality of team you have on the pitch.

38 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Yes Romeo, look at what I said, it could have been achieved with a greater degree of comfort & with more investment, a greater degree of European success would have been possible which would unlock even more funds to widen the gap further. In all honesty I don't really care about any team other than Killie, this acceptance of a lack of fulfilling potential to benefit someone financially is what we were going apeshit about through the MJ years and I do not understand why Celtic fans are happy to be in a position where Rangers have a realistic chance of winning the league this year. If Celtic reinvest the KT fee wisely then that will not happen but you just know Uncle Peter is going to bank half of that & reap the benefits personally come bonus time to the detriment of the quality of team you have on the pitch.

^^^ Unaware of how business works and the law of diminishing returns.

Your posting on Celtic threads would suggest the bit in bold is fantasy.

Edited by Romeo

Guest Moomintroll
7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

^^^ Unaware of how business works and the law of diminishing returns.

Your posting on Celtic threads would suggest the bit in bold is fantasy.

I am allowed to have an opinion even when I don't really care, as I have previously pointed out I have a family full of people who do not care much for his business methods. Also, thank you for your concern however, my career up until now would suggest that I appear to have a grasp of how business works to be honest.

I would like to know exactly what relevance the law of diminishing returns has to what I have posited? I have already pointed out that domestic domination is all but assured. With careful investment alongside a competent Management team, the financial rewards for European success will outweigh the money invested, which as a by product will further cement domestic success therefore that law clearly does not apply.

You are allowed to disagree with something that the club or its employees does Romeo, it's not a sin or anything, it is the unquestioning acceptance by people like you & willy that inspires me to post these messages to stir things up.

I am allowed to have an opinion even when I don't really care, as I have previously pointed out I have a family full of people who do not care much for his business methods. Also, thank you for your concern however, my career up until now would suggest that I appear to have a grasp of how business works to be honest.
I would like to know exactly what relevance the law of diminishing returns has to what I have posited? I have already pointed out that domestic domination is all but assured. With careful investment alongside a competent Management team, the financial rewards for European success will outweigh the money invested, which as a by product will further cement domestic success therefore that law clearly does not apply.
You are allowed to disagree with something that the club or its employees does Romeo, it's not a sin or anything, it is the unquestioning acceptance by people like you & willy that inspires me to post these messages to stir things up.

Investing more money will not necessarily mean more success in Europe, I'm sure you know that.

Didn't know you had a family full of Celtic fans, you e never mentioned that before.

"Stir things up" [emoji57]

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Investing more money will not necessarily mean more success in Europe, I'm sure you know that.

Didn't know you had a family full of Celtic fans, you e never mentioned that before.

"Stir things up" emoji57.png

Would you not agree that investing more money in the team increases the chance of success across the board?

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We've already had this debate, all you are doing is looking for a negative when Celtic are in a strong position.
Nothing is ever perfect and always looking to do things better,Brendan's invincible season but criticism about his signings.
Perfect domestic dominance but sevco are coming,pros and cons positives and negatives.
Celtic can't control what Aberdeen,Kilmarnock,Hibs,Hearts,Sevco are doing,if the club get it wrong or even perfect there is always criticism. 

Guest Moomintroll
28 minutes ago, Romeo said:
54 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:
Would you not agree that investing more money in the team increases the chance of success across the board?

Didn't Killie finish above the sheep having spent significantly less?

Yes we did, imagine how well you chaps could do with a person in charge with extensive Business nous who employs an ambitious Management team & who rates sensible ambition over personal enrichment. If Celtic actually do these things then we are looking at 50 IAR but it appears that that is not on the agenda & is endorsed by supporters for some unfathomable reason.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Yes we did, imagine how well you chaps could do with a person in charge with extensive Business nous who employs an ambitious Management team & who rates sensible ambition over personal enrichment. If Celtic actually do these things then we are looking at 50 IAR but it appears that that is not on the agenda & is endorsed by supporters for some unfathomable reason.

You seem to be advocating a model which causes clubs to go bust rather than one which, on balance, is working reasonably well. 

Guest Moomintroll
11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We've already had this debate, all you are doing is looking for a negative when Celtic are in a strong position.
Nothing is ever perfect and always looking to do things better,Brendan's invincible season but criticism about his signings.
Perfect domestic dominance but sevco are coming,pros and cons positives and negatives.
Celtic can't control what Aberdeen,Kilmarnock,Hibs,Hearts,Sevco are doing,if the club get it wrong or even perfect there is always criticism. 

See my post above willy, your mob are so far above us you really shouldn't need to care but due to under investment we still occasionally get a punchers chance. I acknowledge Celtics dominance but it is an artificially precarious position, with the proper investment it would be utterly dominant & with the additional ECL money generated then Sevco would have zero chance of ever catching up.

Guest Moomintroll
Just now, The OP said:

You seem to be advocating a model which causes clubs to go bust rather than one which, on balance, is working reasonably well. 

Don't be willy about life. Your club have money in the bank which, when invested wisely will increase the gap between your domestic rivals & increase your European revenue which will then result in more revenue ad infinitum.