The Celtic All Seasons thread

4 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Zenit looking at big tam , what's the thoughts on a potential 9 million pound move ?

9 Mil for Tom Rogic is probably fair money, but I had been hoping that the mental Premier League money would drive the price up.  Come on Brendan, cough up 15 Mil for him!

9 Mil for Tom Rogic is probably fair money, but I had been hoping that the mental Premier League money would drive the price up.  Come on Brendan, cough up 15 Mil for him!
Got to agree considering how I jury probe he is 9 million seems decent dough , hes a cracking player but dont think he will be badly missed if he does go.

1 minute ago, Disco30 said:
4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Got to agree considering how I jury probe he is 9 million seems decent dough , hes a cracking player but dont think he will be badly missed if he does go.

Unfortunately David Turnbull would have been his natural successor, but Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor,  and Mikey Johnston can both play in the same attacking midfield role as Rogic and can play more than 65-70 minutes per match  Love Rogic but it would be better for Celtic to cash in on him

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:
22 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:
Somebody actually took Compper off our hands. No idea how we've managed that emoji16.png

For actual money?

Im guessing we paid the guy off handsomely as he has gone to a third division team. Anyway thanks for the memories Marv....

On 30/06/2019 at 13:59, Empty It said:

Celtic fans coming across very bitter that McGinn has went down south after they tried another low ball offer, now there is talks of a big money move.

The only bitterness I feel about that whole saga is towards the Celtic board. They pissed about and lost out on what would have been a great signing. 

Edited by The Chief

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Unfortunately David Turnbull would have been his natural successor, but Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor,  and Mikey Johnston can both play in the same attacking midfield role as Rogic and can play more than 65-70 minutes per match  Love Rogic but it would be better for Celtic to cash in on him

Aye. Sell Rogic and fill the void with Mikey Johnston. That'll improve things. 

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

So thats the loan players returned. Boyata,Allan, De Vries, Mulumbu, Izzy,Lustig, Gamboa and now Compper away. Thats some amount off the wage bill. 

So far I think that Celtic's summer business has been pretty good.  A lot of fat has been trimmed so that Lennon can have room to bring in some improvements.  Jullien looks good, need a right back now

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So far I think that Celtic's summer business has been pretty good.  A lot of fat has been trimmed so that Lennon can have room to bring in some improvements.  Jullien looks good, need a right back now

I said from the off a quality centre back and a quality right back and I would be content.  We appear to have sorted the former anyway. Getting rid of dead wood is always refreshing. Shame we didn't get Turnbull (yet) but like with Mcginn he isn't/wasn’t required immediately. 

As usual for the prices that we pay for players we will struggle to better what we already have.  Would rather we give them likes of Johnston,  Flex, Dembele, a chance instead of taking punts on other players. 

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im guessing we paid the guy off handsomely as he has gone to a third division team. Anyway thanks for the memories Marv....

Thus closes the book on one of the most bizarre signings/player sagas in recent memory

16 hours ago, gannonball said:

So thats the loan players returned. Boyata,Allan, De Vries, Mulumbu, Izzy,Lustig, Gamboa and now Compper away. Thats some amount off the wage bill. 

I think I count 11 players not including the loan players going back not seen or heard anything about Kouassi or Arzani.
Not sure if Ntcham is part of the squad to face Sarajevo next week.