The Celtic All Seasons thread

Guest Moomintroll
It would be great to see Celtic's list of feck up's just to open my eyes?
Willy, I don't have the energy, time or inclination for such a pointless task. Honestly if you cannot see how unedifying the behaviour of so many people in positions of power at the club has been over this Turnbull saga, there is zero point attempting to convince you of anything negative relating to Celtic.

6 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Think we dodged a bullet with the signing of Turnbull.
Hope the young lad has a successful operation and is back playing football soon.

Looked the type of player that Celtic were missing last season. Whether or not it's a bullet dodged, time will tell. Celtic definitely need an alternative to Rogic in the final third though. Too often when teams sit in they struggle to break them down and have no one who can offer a threat from distance, which is something Turnbull certainly appears to offer. Rogic is capable of it but spent most of last season injured or off form.

15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:
It would be great to see Celtic's list of feck up's just to open my eyes?

Willy, I don't have the energy, time or inclination for such a pointless task. Honestly if you cannot see how unedifying the behaviour of so many people in positions of power at the club has been over this Turnbull saga, there is zero point attempting to convince you of anything negative relating to Celtic.

Whether you put a negative spin or I put a positive spin is neither here nor there, the difference between me and you is I can give credit where credit is due.
Like the job Killie are doing yet you can't bare to give Celtic an inch.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Looked the type of player that Celtic were missing last season. Whether or not it's a bullet dodged, time will tell. Celtic definitely need an alternative to Rogic in the final third though. Too often when teams sit in they struggle to break them down and have no one who can offer a threat from distance, which is something Turnbull certainly appears to offer. Rogic is capable of it but spent most of last season injured or off form.

For me Christie can do that job but I see a change in style under Lennon which won't put the focus on a number 10.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

For me Christie can do that job but I see a change in style under Lennon which won't put the focus on a number 10.

I dunno. A large part of Lennon's first stint saw Kris Commons play that position. The side was built around getting him the ball 30 yards out so he could have a dig.

Guest Moomintroll
Whether you put a negative spin or I put a positive spin is neither here nor there, the difference between me and you is I can give credit where credit is due.
Like the job Killie are doing yet you can't bare to give Celtic an inch.
I don't see the need to come on here to praise Celtic, but fwiw I believe they have shown remarkable consistency over the past few seasons to achieve what they have done & I hope they, along with the rest of us, can go as far as possible in Europe this year.
I'm not the sort of person who has a go for the sake of it but I will voice my opinion if I think that something isn't right just as it is your right as a Celtic fan to not really give a flying f**k what I think.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I dunno. A large part of Lennon's first stint saw Kris Commons play that position. The side was built around getting him the ball 30 yards out so he could have a dig.

Mince,Hooper and stokes or Samaras mainly two up top with Commons behind yes more direct but with a purpose.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Mince,Hooper and stokes or Samaras mainly two up top with Commons behind yes more direct but with a purpose.

His final season in charge, post Hooper, was pretty much a 451/442 with Commons flitting between midfield and up front. Stokes, Samaras and then Griffiths all took shots as the main striker.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

His final season in charge, post Hooper, was pretty much a 451/442 with Commons flitting between midfield and up front. Stokes, Samaras and then Griffiths all took shots as the main striker.

I remember Samaras up front himself and everybody was surprised with the 2-0 win at ibrox.
But you have to relies that Commons was a lazy so and so, he had no intentions of helping the team when Celtic lost the ball.
Celtic now have a team full of legs box to box players,Lennon has a much better squad this time.

I’ll really like to see Mikey Johnston claim a place this season. With CalMac playing slightly deeper.

28 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I don't see the need to come on here to praise Celtic, but fwiw I believe they have shown remarkable consistency over the past few seasons to achieve what they have done & I hope they, along with the rest of us, can go as far as possible in Europe this year.
I'm not the sort of person who has a go for the sake of it but I will voice my opinion if I think that something isn't right just as it is your right as a Celtic fan to not really give a flying f**k what I think.

That's fair and works both ways,Celtic need a strong Killie plus the cult were a great band.

I remember Samaras up front himself and everybody was surprised with the 2-0 win at ibrox.
But you have to relies that Commons was a lazy so and so, he had no intentions of helping the team when Celtic lost the ball.
Celtic now have a team full of legs box to box players,Lennon has a much better squad this time.

Does he have a much better squad this time? This one is filled with quite a few who don't contribute anything to the first team.