The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Fair play to him, we’ve seen so many wage thieves happy to sit and get paid every week for doing nothing. Good to see someone wanting to play football and develop their career.

I doubt he would’ve walked into our midfield plus he would’ve hampered the development of Henderson so it’s prob better for all that he goes elsewhere.

Your first paragraph was really excellent. Your second is the standard “we didn’t want him anyway” rubbish, even though your club was willing to spend £3m plus to get him.

Your first paragraph was really excellent. Your second is the standard “we didn’t want him anyway” rubbish, even though your club was willing to spend £3m plus to get him.
They still cant admit it would have been good to have gotten John McGinn instead of arrogant posturing followed by a season of Scott Brown lumbering about acting like a dick. What do you expect?

The 2nd said I doubt he would’ve walked into our team, do you think he would’ve?

Also, imo, it could’ve moved Henderson further down the line. I like Henderson as a player and think he could go far and would rather he kept getting game time.

Nothing like what you referred to,

14 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Fair play to him, we’ve seen so many wage thieves happy to sit and get paid every week for doing nothing. Good to see someone wanting to play football and develop their career.

I doubt he would’ve walked into our midfield plus he would’ve hampered the development of Henderson so it’s prob better for all that he goes elsewhere.

From what I’ve seen of both, Turnbull is a class above Henderson.

12 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The Parkhead club released a strongly worded statement after it emerged talks with Turnbull and his representatives had broken down amid reports that the player had been offered to clubs in England.

Celtic pinpointed exactly where they felt the blame lay and stressed the club were unable to come to an agreement with “the player’s agent”. 

I always complain about the lack of entitlement and hubris that Celtic display compared to Rangers: they really don't bear their share of the hilarious burden. However, I can have no complaint about this Traynoresque hissy fit. Particularly the idea that "blame" is attached when their negotiations are not (yet?) successful.

I always complain about the lack of entitlement and hubris that Celtic display compared to Rangers: they really don't bear their share of the hilarious burden. However, I can have no complaint about this Traynoresque hissy fit. Particularly the idea that "blame" is attached when their negotiations are not (yet?) successful.

Celtic didn’t mention “blame”.

Why would you care about that if you're getting a better player?

Cause I like the look of Henderson, I’ve never seen/noticed Turnbull in a game. Neither are gonna be 1st team players so id rather Celtic stick with developing Henderson and use the money and the wage elsewhere, like a decent centre half and right back.

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Cause I like the look of Henderson, I’ve never seen/noticed Turnbull in a game. Neither are gonna be 1st team players so id rather Celtic stick with developing Henderson and use the money and the wage elsewhere, like a decent centre half and right back.

So you're not just saying it because you're trying to prove you're not bothered that Turnbull knocked celtic back, then?

12 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Henderson looks like he’ll really struggle with the physical side of the game.

So you're not just saying it because you're trying to prove you're not bothered that Turnbull knocked celtic back, then?

Nope, I’ve no clue about him except he’s 19 and has played about 30 senior games.

And so far he hadn’t knocked Celtic back, he wants to guaranteed 1st team football from what I’ve read and the only team in for him so far haven’t promised him that so he’s stalling to see if anything else comes his way. Celtic, on the other hand, need to get their business done early due to European games and want an answer sooner rather than later in case they have to look elsewhere for signings.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Nope, I’ve no clue about him except he’s 19 and has played about 30 senior games.

And so far he hadn’t knocked Celtic back, he wants to guaranteed 1st team football from what I’ve read and the only team in for him so far haven’t promised him that so he’s stalling to see if anything else comes his way. Celtic, on the other hand, need to get their business done early due to European games and want an answer sooner rather than later in case they have to look elsewhere for signings.

It's just that you tacitly agreed that Turnbull is 'a class above' Henderson to the extent that he'd hamper Henderson's progress.

Good that we've been able to establish that Turnbull hasn't knocked celtic back, and that you're not bothered either way.

Can we all just agree we’re all bothered and SEETHING aye? Ta.

As much as I would like to sign Turnbull, If we sign a quality right back and centre back in this window I would be content. Other positions I would like to cover a bit more but not too fussed by.

Edited by gannonball

It's just that you tacitly agreed that Turnbull is 'a class above' Henderson to the extent that he'd hamper Henderson's progress.

I’ve never seen him or if I have he’s never stood out but the fact he won young player of the year means he must be decent, still wouldn’t get in our team as it stands so I’ll agree with those who have seen him that he’s better than Henderson atm. I’d still rather spend money to strengthen elsewhere in the team and keep developing Henderson. I can keep repeating this if it’s difficult to understand.

Good that we've been able to establish that Turnbull hasn't knocked celtic back, and that you're not bothered either way.

Just going by what I’ve read this morning

IMG_6225.thumb.jpg.97adb0ed76ce100dbcaab6ec628e62d9.jpg

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve never seen him or if I have he’s never stood out but the fact he won young player of the year means he must be decent, still wouldn’t get in our team street it stands so I’ll agree with those who have seen him that he’s better than Henderson atm. I’d still rather spend money to strengthen elsewhere in the team and keep developing Henderson. I can keep repeating this if it’s difficult to understand.

There's no need to repeat your point, as you say - it's not hard to understand,.

Glad you're not bothered with Turnbull declining celtic's offer, as most celtic fans seem to be quite indignant - if anything, you're relaxed about it.

Both Turnbull and Henderson are good players, btw - you can never have enough good players.