The Celtic All Seasons thread

17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Like saying your own fans were indulging in "banter" but accusing others of being sectarian for doing the same thing?

That kind of shameless hypocrisy?

I'm not debating that with you again. You need to get over it.

Guest Moomintroll

Just back from the shops, loads of c***s throwing lit fireworks about but none of them meant to hit me so that's ok.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Another well measured argument :rolleyes:

Without debating which incident is worse, how is it possible to be so angry about the bottle incident and find a pyrotechnic exploding near a player totally laughable?

Not sure what's worse, the guy defending a boy lobbing fireworks around when hes stood next children because "he didn't aim for anyone", or the absolute simpleton who derives joy from throwing fireworks onto empty patches of field.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Guest Moomintroll
Not sure what's worse, the guy defending a boy lobbing fireworks around when hes stood next children because "he didn't aim for anyone", to the absolute simpleton who derives joy from throwing fireworks onto empty patches of field.
They are equally & unequivocally as bad as each other.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Without debating which incident is worse, how is it possible to be so angry about the bottle incident and find a pyrotechnic exploding near a player totally laughable?

I wasn't angry at one moron attempting to assault our player. I was genuinely worried when I seen the St.Mirren goalie go down but then when you see the replays the guy was at it as he was About the goal mouth away from it ffs. I think Scottish football needs to have a discussion regarding the use of pyrotechnics and have ‘safe areas’ like in other countries. And if you go out with that then you should expect heavy heavy consequences.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

Theres nothing to "argue" here. You're a fucking idiot trying to claim that because it's not a bottle it's not assault. 

Neither were assault. One was attempted assault, the other wasn’t. The police statements after the game said much the same thing iirc.

Guest Moomintroll
Neither were assault. One was attempted assault, the other wasn’t. The police statements after the game said much the same thing iirc.
Why do you continue to defend idiots who bring these things to matches & use them? You are allowed to criticise & object to people breaking the law & endangering other peoples safety even when they support the same club you do.

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There really, really is. Intent is a huge thing and courts all over the world would agree by dishing out sentences far larger because of it.The guy who threw the pyrotechnic is by no means innocent but you cant really compare it to a guy who is trying to assault somebody.

See post above numb nuts. 

Unless you've thrown it, you wouldn't know whether the guy was aiming for the St Mirren keeper or not. Same with the bottle thrown at Sinclair.

Both incidents are as daft as each other and bringing shite like the potential court sentence in to this is standard deflection we've all come to expect from old firm fans.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I wasn't angry at one moron attempting to assault our player. I was genuinely worried when I seen the St.Mirren goalie go down but then when you see the replays the guy was at it as he was About the goal mouth away from it ffs. I think Scottish football needs to have a discussion regarding the use of pyrotechnics and have ‘safe areas’ like in other countries. And if you go out with that then you should expect heavy heavy consequences.

Someone let off a smoke bomb in my row at Hampden for the league cup semi final last season (yes, an Aberdeen fan), it destroyed a seat, burned people and my ears were ringing for days afterwards. You may have first hand experience but otherwise not sure how you can say he was clearly at it.

I wouldn't mind a discussion about safe pyro as they can bring something to an atmosphere, but the current situation is fucking stupid. And let's be 100% honest you are more inclined to defend the idiot at St Mirren because he's a Celtic fan.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Someone let off a smoke bomb in my row at Hampden for the league cup semi final last season (yes, an Aberdeen fan), it destroyed a seat, burned people and my ears were ringing for days afterwards. You may have first hand experience but otherwise not sure how you can say he was clearly at it.

Was that the banger that went off after Ferguson's goal? I absolutely pat my shants after that, and I was miles from it. 

There's one million percent a discussion to be had about safe pyro, but bangers I'm not entirely sure I get the value of.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Was that the banger that went off after Ferguson's goal? I absolutely pat my shants after that, and I was miles from it. 

There's one million percent a discussion to be had about safe pyro, but bangers I'm not entirely sure I get the value of.

Yeah that was the one, went off about 8 feet from me whilst I was celebrating. Slightly surreal moment!

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As I said previously; 

44 minutes ago, Dele said:

:1eye