The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Agreed.  Another possibility is that Nir Biton leaves.  His game slowing/deep lying style doesn't really jive with Brendan's high temp/high press style so he's fallen down the pecking order.  

I would keep Biton ,would be a surprise if brown stays injury free this season 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I would keep Biton ,would be a surprise if brown stays injury free this season 

Bin Biton, he has progressively got worse on the park. I think he needs a change of club imo, last season he looked like he wanted to get sent off at times and played pure shite.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Bin Biton, he has progressively got worse on the park. I think he needs a change of club imo, last season he looked like he wanted to get sent off at times and played pure shite.

He is a water carrier gets it and give it plus he is the only player that has good positional sense when we lose the ball
very underrated by the Celtic support

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He is a water carrier gets it and give it plus he is the only player that has good positional sense when we lose the ball
very underrated by the Celtic support

He is that, I agree, but he's too slow for the Brendan Rodgers style.  He is much better suited to a different tactical style than the flowing and quick Brendan Rodgers game.  It's similar to when Rodgers signed Christian Benteke for Liverpool, a player who is very good at what he does, but what he does doesn't jive with the playing style.

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

He is that, I agree, but he's too slow for the Brendan Rodgers style.  He is much better suited to a different tactical style than the flowing and quick Brendan Rodgers game.  It's similar to when Rodgers signed Christian Benteke for Liverpool, a player who is very good at what he does, but what he does doesn't jive with the playing style.

Brendan's playing style is pressing high sometimes over committing easy to do in Scotland but in Europe we need to be more intelligent with the ball picking your times with the high press,i agree Biton is a bit slow at times but slow can also mean composed on the ball,keeping the ball against better teams breeds confidence,for me we don't have a replacement for what brown does on the park Biton is the next best thing   

Biton would be handy for European away games. Dont think we would get decent money for him now as he plays so little.

Really feel sorry for Henderson as hes not done a great deal wrong, think he is missing a bit of agression to his game though. 

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Brendan's playing style is pressing high sometimes over committing easy to do in Scotland but in Europe we need to be more intelligent with the ball picking your times with the high press,i agree Biton is a bit slow at times but slow can also mean composed on the ball,keeping the ball against better teams breeds confidence,for me we don't have a replacement for what brown does on the park Biton is the next best thing   

Brown can do all of the things Biton can do, usually better and young Kouassi is being developed as Broony's long term replacement.  Plus we don't know how Ntcham will fit into the equation (assuming the deal gets over the line) so he may also be able to fill that role.  I just don't see a need to keep Biton if we sign Ntcham, it's not trying to knock Biton but he doesn't fit into Celtic's week in/week out game plans.

21 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Brown can do all of the things Biton can do, usually better and young Kouassi is being developed as Broony's long term replacement.  Plus we don't know how Ntcham will fit into the equation (assuming the deal gets over the line) so he may also be able to fill that role.  I just don't see a need to keep Biton if we sign Ntcham, it's not trying to knock Biton but he doesn't fit into Celtic's week in/week out game plans.

You are making my point for me,Kouassi has a long way to go in his development plus i think Henderson is ahead of him,Ntcham could be the answer but we don't know that yet
Brown is coming to the end of his career and we don't have a replacement i trust Brendan will get it right the best thing about any player is that he is missed when he is not playing which makes him hard to drop.

41 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I like Biton, but for a player who is supposed to protect the back line, he can't tackle.

Tackling is a dying art in the game,he is good at breaking down the play against us and reading the game in stopping the opposition plus he starts the play moving forward very good player,i don't expect him to score goals just link the play between defence to attack

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Tackling is a dying art in the game,he is good at breaking down the play against us and reading the game in stopping the opposition plus he starts the play moving forward very good player,i don't expect him to score goals just link the play between defence to attack

He's a decent player, no doubt. There was a stage last year when he was 1st choice, he was out with a knee injury and Armstrong made that position his own.

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

He's a decent player, no doubt. There was a stage last year when he was 1st choice, he was out with a knee injury and Armstrong made that position his own.

Again Armstrong is a box to box midfielder Biton is told to sit and orchestrate 

My first impression of Biton was that in a season or two he'd be sold to an English club for anything from 7 mill plus, now I reckon we'd be lucky to get 1.5 mill.  I wouldn't be fussed should he be sold this summer.

Biton isn't comfortable with Brendan's tactics and it shows on the park. He has gone from a comfortable sitting position to being more attack minded and probably why he kept giving a away silly fouls up the park last season and he himself looked out of position a good few times.

Maybe the new boy Brendan has been looking at is an attacking midfielder with positional and tackling abilities in defence. I haven't seen a decent central attacking midfielder in Scottish football in years darting through the middle. Today's game seems to be all about running it up the wing with diagonal runs. Why have just a sitting defensive midfielder when you can have a player with more to his game than being able to sit in midfield. 

^^^ My hopes anyway for a different style of attacking play with players that can quickly organise a defence from a counter attack.