The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

And then we can point and laugh. Only people more pathetic than them are the Scottish ManU* fans who were hoping the english season would be null and void. 

The biggest beneficiary is almost certainly Gerrard who remarkably has now been left off the hook for the worst collapse  I have seen from them . Had covid-19 not happened I could only see  us increasing the gap further and only his European exploits might have saved him from the sack.

*Aberdeen.

Tbf they almost definitely could’ve won the Europa League were their campaign not halted prematurely, even despite a 3-1 defeat  in their home tie v Leverkusen so Gerrard should be lauded for that. Unfortunately it seems harder to argue that Gerrard would’ve secured the Scottish Cup to round off a quite special treble.

Edited by The OP

37 minutes ago, The OP said:

Tbf they almost definitely could’ve won the Europa League were their campaign not halted prematurely, even despite a 3-1 defeat  in their home tie v Leverkusen so Gerrard should be lauded for that. Unfortunately it seems harder to argue that Gerrard would’ve secured the Scottish Cup to round off a quite special treble.

Shame Wimbledons been cancelled too, they had as much chance of winning that as the league.

58 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

£1.3m for Eboue Kouassi is excellent business given how little he played for us.

He'll be remembered for his performance v Zenit and for trying to run off a cruciate knee injury v Hearts at Hampden but did little else.

Yeah Lawwell might be shite at getting players but he does seem to get maximum money for us when selling. I would have been content to see the leave for free and a healthy sell on %age.

Morning lads. Little plug for our ICT podcast with Charlie and Ryan Christie that dropped a short time ago. Whilst there is a lot of ICT content in there we also discuss the time both players have spent at your club so there may be something of interest for you guys to listen to.

Check it out here - https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/the-christie-legacy/

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Morning lads. Little plug for our ICT podcast with Charlie and Ryan Christie that dropped a short time ago. Whilst there is a lot of ICT content in there we also discuss the time both players have spent at your club so there may be something of interest for you guys to listen to.

Check it out here - https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/the-christie-legacy/

Quite a decent podcast, and interesting to hear Charlie Christie's reasons for resigning and his comments on your club's identity, as I remember thinking the Niculae signing was a bit of an odd one, and partly for the sort of reasons mentioned in the podcast, as well as it being such a high-profile transfer.

Edited by Lordofthewing

29 minutes ago, Lordofthewing said:

Quite a decent podcast, and interesting to hear Charlie Christie's reasons for resigning and his comments on your club's identity, as I remember thinking the Niculae signing was a bit of an odd one, and partly for the sort of reasons mentioned in the podcast, as well as it being such a high-profile transfer.

Cheers mate. I wasn't on this one but the guys that were said he was honest and forthright with his thoughts (not everything that was discussed made the final cut) but you couldn't doubt his passion for the team which was nice. Good to hear from him about stuff like Niculae and other things off the field at ICT.

Confirmed that Simumovic and Hayes are off.  Simunovic will be best known for wiping out Kenny Miller
A shame, that. Jozo was pretty injury-prone, but on his day he was a cracking defender, and Hayes was always a handy squad player.

I also read the other day that Calvin Miller has left as well.

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Confirmed that Simumovic and Hayes are off.  Simunovic will be best known for wiping out Kenny Miller

I think the goal against killie in the 67th minute to mark billy McNeil's passing wearing the number 5 was a special moment.
Hayes changed my mind with his performances against Lazio and the goal against the noisy neighbours.

My Irish Celtic supporting mate brought me to a Celtic Rangers game last season, he got the the tickets from Johnny Hayes, knows him from Dublin, nice bloke apparently.  The seats were right beside the away section which was surprising considering they came from a player. My mate also paid for a taxi from Edinburgh, it was 80 quid..if anyone wants anymore pointless stories, I'll be around most of the day...

3 hours ago, Bohemian said:

My Irish Celtic supporting mate brought me to a Celtic Rangers game last season, he got the the tickets from Johnny Hayes, knows him from Dublin, nice bloke apparently.  The seats were right beside the away section which was surprising considering they came from a player. My mate also paid for a taxi from Edinburgh, it was 80 quid..if anyone wants anymore pointless stories, I'll be around most of the day...

I'll have a couple of pointless stories.