The Celtic All Seasons thread

That is how it would happen under the scheme, yes. I think they are only using it for non-football staff though, who are likely earning less than £2.5k per month in the first place. The players will likely take some cut at some point - Lennon said they were open to it yesterday.

But if the players don't then I'd say the club is taking the piss.

Guest Moomintroll

Are any celtic fans on here defending the decision to furlough workers and claim the money from the government?

Absolutely shocking, and they should absolutely be rejected, as should any company that hasn't imposed wage cuts on their highest earners first.

No they won't because they are hypocritical wankers who only follow the rules when it is convenient for them to do so. Otherwise they just whine about the Police, Torys, the Government, the SNP, Labour, or anyone else who points out they are Terrorist loving arseholes with an attitude problem. Not a fan really.

Guest Moomintroll
In fairness, the more money the UK government spend on this scheme, the less money they have to kill innocent Catholics in Northern Ireland. 
Hiya James, hiya pal.

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In normal circumstances it picks up around mid May I think and then dies a week later.

You guys clearly miss your Celtic fix and hopefully normal service will resume sooner rather than later.

In the meantime he's a picture of Scott brown for you to throw yourself at and a link to the club youtube channel where you can get your fix of all things Celtic.

Stay strong lads.

https://www.youtube.com/user/celticfc

198550811.jpg

Tbh as much as Celtic been a big part of my life for a lot of years I’ve no even thought about league or title,it’ll get sorted one way or another,I’ve got daughter working in hospital in front line working with poor folk affected by it,my wife has underlying illness as well as my grandson who has Muscular Dystrophy,stay safe out there folks.

You guys clearly miss your Celtic fix and hopefully normal service will resume sooner rather than later.

In the meantime he's a picture of Scott brown for you to throw yourself at and a link to the club youtube channel where you can get your fix of all things Celtic.

Stay strong lads.

https://www.youtube.com/user/celticfc

198550811.thumb.jpg.c7096ae0504f02381666ba5fe8d2e8af.jpg

Congratulations Captain 9 in a row 2019/20 Champions

Sent from my Samsung s20 gold

Am i missing something with the seethe here? Were claiming the 80% of up to £2500 per employee of those on furlough just like every other club in the country and topping up the rest? What is the issue?

Edited by gannonball

Am i missing something with the seethe here? Were claiming the 80% of up to £2500 per employee of those on furlough just like every other club in the country and topping up the rest? What is the issue?
Have those at the top taken a pay cut to try and cover the club costs without going with a begging bowl to the government?

Celtic pay huge wages in comparison with other clubs in Scotland, and have considerably more financial clout. They should not be close to needing a bailout.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Have those at the top taken a pay cut to try and cover the club costs without going with a begging bowl to the government?

Celtic pay huge wages in comparison with other clubs in Scotland, and have considerably more financial clout. They should not be close to needing a bailout.

A ‘begging bowl’? Its a scheme that the majority of companies are entitled to in the UK ffs. We are entitled to it just like every other professional or semi-professional club in Scotland. Yes We do have money in the bank of course but we have no idea how long this will go on for so it absolutely makes sense to do this. 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A ‘begging bowl’? Its a scheme that the majority of companies are entitled to in the UK ffs. We are entitled to it just like every other professional or semi-professional club in Scotland. Yes We do have money in the bank of course but we have no idea how long this will go on for so it absolutely makes sense to do this. 

gannonball is correct, lads - god bless the British government. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Celtic claiming that they are paying their staffs wages in full despite them being on the Government's wage retention scheme.

Never change celtic. 

EU67gAZWkAIfnM1?format=jpg&name=900x900

You do realise the quote is from the Heralds paper?

Whilst it is misleading that we are paying there salaries in full, they are having their full salaries paid through  Celtic. Think the herald have made a c**t of it again tbh but Celtic cant really misquote an apology.

Edited by gannonball