The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 03/09/2019 at 00:01, Dele said:

Greg Taylor is nowhere near good enough for Celtic. 

On 24/02/2020 at 16:55, wastecoatwilly said:

Just some of the classic posts of the season so far.

Thank you.

How is he doing now? 

I seen he was trending in Scotland on Twitter. 

Seems quite a few fans of Glasgow Celtic share the same opinion as myself - he's nowhere near good enough for you. 

12 hours ago, Dele said:

How is he doing now? 

Seems quite a few fans of Glasgow Celtic share the same opinion as myself - he's nowhere near good enough for you. 

I'm not going to defend him after the last two performances and the jury is still out on him.
For me right now Hayes is the best option on the left hand side.
Celtic fans will be comparing him with Tierney which is just crazy,hes had a few good games and a few bad games.

How will they decide our 2 away games after the split? Assuming the top 6 stays the same, we will have played all other 5 clubs away from home twice already. We will play Rangers at home obviously, but I'm hoping we don't have to play away at Hibs and Livi again, but that might be the case as they're the 2 lowest ranked teams. 

How will they decide our 2 away games after the split? Assuming the top 6 stays the same, we will have played all other 5 clubs away from home twice already. We will play Rangers at home obviously, but I'm hoping we don't have to play away at Hibs and Livi again, but that might be the case as they're the 2 lowest ranked teams. 
Good question and it's obviously tight for 6th place so it probably will be the 5th and 6th place teams we are away to.

3 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Good question and it's obviously tight for 6th place so it probably will be the 5th and 6th place teams we are away to.

Given we haven't won a game away at Livi or Hibs since their promotions to the top flight, that isn't ideal. Think we need a point off Rangers before we can say the league is finished. Can't see us getting anything there but given the form we will be favourites. 

On 04/03/2020 at 23:06, Dele said:

How is he doing now? 

Defensively he's pretty sound, better than Bolingoli but, in the final third quite poor.

Doesn't have the confidence to take on the opposing full back and get to the byline and very rarely attempts that or gets an early and/or decent cross in, nearly always looks back inside for McGregor, Brown or Christie.

As alluded to, generally safer at the back than Bolingoli who can be something of a bomb scare at times but the Belgian is infinitely better in the opposition final third, as a paradox, Jonny Hayes who is decent, if not excellent at both is probably our best option at left back just now. 

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Defensively he's pretty sound, better than Bolingoli but, in the final third quite poor.

Doesn't have the confidence to take on the opposing full back and get to the byline and very rarely attempts that or gets an early and/or decent cross in, nearly always looks back inside for McGregor, Brown or Christie.

As alluded to, generally safer at the back than Bolingoli who can be something of a bomb scare at times but the Belgian is infinitely better in the opposition final third, as a paradox, Jonny Hayes who is decent, if not excellent at both is probably our best option at left back just now. 

Exactly this

Despite just buying 2 leftbacks were going to need to buy a left back in the summer.

Keep Taylor as he's the one who's most likely to improve.

Bolingoli, some players just don't get the game. He never will. Hope someone gives us something and we can get shot.

£545 up from £529 the robbing b*****ds.
You must sit in a nice seat.
North stand beside the standing area so a decent view. I pay the exact same as my pal who is on the half way line which I don't agree with but beats my old seat in upper tier with loads of stairs at least!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that we haven't went down this road yet.

Celtic have confirmed plans to put a number of non-playing staff members on furlough.
But Hoops chiefs have vowed to ensure all workers affected receive 100 per cent of their wages.
Celtic today started the process of using the UK government's job retention scheme across the club.
SunSport understands a number of youth academy coaches will be among those on furlough for the next few months.
With no return to football on the horizon anytime soon, other employees in various departments will also be placed on the scheme.
Those impacted will be unable to do any work for the club - with the situation likely to be reviewed in June.
The UK government covers 80 per cent of wages up to £2500 per month - and Celtic will pay the rest for anyone earning more.
Parkhead officials have also promised staff that all other conditions and benefits will be honoured during this period.
A Celtic spokesperson said: “Like many organisations, due to the unprecedented challenges currently being faced, Celtic will be using the government job retention scheme available, in relation to a number of colleagues

Celtic have confirmed plans to put a number of non-playing staff members on furlough.
But Hoops chiefs have vowed to ensure all workers affected receive 100 per cent of their wages.
Celtic today started the process of using the UK government's job retention scheme across the club.
SunSport understands a number of youth academy coaches will be among those on furlough for the next few months.
With no return to football on the horizon anytime soon, other employees in various departments will also be placed on the scheme.
Those impacted will be unable to do any work for the club - with the situation likely to be reviewed in June.
The UK government covers 80 per cent of wages up to £2500 per month - and Celtic will pay the rest for anyone earning more.
Parkhead officials have also promised staff that all other conditions and benefits will be honoured during this period.
A Celtic spokesperson said: “Like many organisations, due to the unprecedented challenges currently being faced, Celtic will be using the government job retention scheme available, in relation to a number of colleagues

Rangers season tickets are going on sale for next year. So will be loaded again once they sell out. No need to panic. Sell tickets for a season nobody knows will even start. All good. Covers the wages.

9 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Rangers season tickets are going on sale for next year. So will be loaded again once they sell out. No need to panic. Sell tickets for a season nobody knows will even start. All good. Covers the wages.

Seen that rumoured on twitter, not sure how we can do that when we have no details about next seasons starting date or number of games. Obviously these are unprecedented times but it's still weird.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Think any club in the UK that tries to go down this road should be told to get to f**k

They will still be paying grossly overpaid prima donnas £10,000s a week into their tax havens

So if these players and coaching staff went onto half wages the clubs would be able to pay zero hours and low paid staff !!!!!

These clubs are living in a moral vacuum and players and coaches should be first to sacrifice salaries during this crisis 

Are any celtic fans on here defending the decision to furlough workers and claim the money from the government?

Absolutely shocking, and they should absolutely be rejected, as should any company that hasn't imposed wage cuts on their highest earners first.

What actually happens here? 

If Scott Brown is on £30k a week and the government pay up to £2.5k a month yet Celtic say they will make up any shortfall - are they still paying him £29k(ish) a week?! 

Edited by Dele