The Celtic All Seasons thread

Yeah , going into this window signing a CH should have been or no.1 priority along with a new striker.

And yet for some reason we've decided we're all set in that position. We are one Chris Jullien injury away from being in abit of bother at CH.

Ach well, i'm sure our board know what they're doing 🙄

5 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Yeah , going into this window signing a CH should have been or no.1 priority along with a new striker.

And yet for some reason we've decided we're all set in that position. We are one Chris Jullien injury away from being in abit of bother at CH.

Ach well, i'm sure our board know what they're doing 🙄

Given that we punted Hendry and O’Connor  on loan I assumed a centre back coming in was a given.

3 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Hatem elhamed is a very decent looking centre half. When he is fit of course. But that is his favoured position. And would also allow frimpong to play fullback when both are fit.

He has played the same number of games for Israel as hes played for Celtic in the league. 
He only seems to be fit for the European games.

He has played the same number of games for Israel as hes played for Celtic in the league. 
He only seems to be fit for the European games.

Yeah but he is nearly fit and he looks like a very decent player. Would you write him off as injury prone allready? They could have brought another centre half in and ended up being overloaded in that area. Bitton can fill in aswell. Barring any major injuries i think they have decent cover in most positions now.

18 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Yeah but he is nearly fit and he looks like a very decent player. Would you write him off as injury prone allready? They could have brought another centre half in and ended up being overloaded in that area. Bitton can fill in aswell. Barring any major injuries i think they have decent cover in most positions now.

Playing 4 games out of 23 in the league isn't good enough, I don't disagree he is a decent player or playing Bitton in that position.
For me both Elhamed and Elyounoussi need to contribute more to this season.

54 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Hatem elhamed is a very decent looking centre half. When he is fit of course. But that is his favoured position. And would also allow frimpong to play fullback when both are fit.

Read something the other day that, at the age of 29 Elhamed has played about 250 club matches in his career, averaging about 20 a season, not a great average, more than capable at centre half or full back but not a great record injury wise.

Said it at the game on Wednesday night, we badly need Elyonnouisi and Elhamed back fit and a prolonged run of games in the side at the form they showed up until the November international break, particularly the Norwegian winger who was in devastating form at the time, rushing him back for the League Cup final when he clearly wasn't ready set him back and has gone largely uncommented on since then. 

24 minutes ago, BenBo said:

Now that the leagues buy I’m going to celebrate with a wee purchase!! King Henke!! Magnificent 7

http://www.redbubble.com/people/greggal2/works/44553981-king-henrik-larsson?p=acrylic-block&asc=u

So, if you're ever feeling a bit down you just look at acrylic Henrik and you miraculously cheer up....

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy