The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, jessmagic said:

Bigger club

Better league

Higher wages

Great move for the boy. HH. 

Bigger club, better league, higher wages, gets shown up as second best by Andy Robertson twice a season, great move for the boy.

6 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I'd rather he went to Napoli but there's no way we're rejecting 25 million. 

Nor should you - if you get around £25 million, as already the biggest fish in our small pond with multiple trebles and endless league wins in a row already pretty much guaranteed, that kind of money would set you up to roger the rest of Scottish fitba’ totally senseless for at least fifteen seasons more... without breaking sweat.

Edited by pozbaird

Guest Moomintroll
[emoji23] 
_20190714_100835.JPG.f86a76c443c09fcb29cb5dc3f7fc1198.JPG
If Arsenal will pay that then Poundshop Levy will pay for a Taxi to take him to London, although he will send Petrie the bill for it afterwards.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Who knew the Seville calculator worked for transfers also. 

I rate Tierney and hope he does move south but £25m FFS. An injured Tierney at that. Maybe Arsenal should offer to take him on loan for the season for pennies until he proves his fitness 🙂

Every Celtic player seems to carry a multiple v other Scottish Premiership teams. 

Q the outrage when we knock back a £2m offer from Celtic for Turnbull in January. Trust me they will try to offer less than before. All the while seeking anything up to £15m for Ntcham.....

It is like it is some kind of parallel universe......

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Winners come at a price

I’m with Drew.

If Motherwell want more for Turnbull all they need to do is reject whatever offer and ask for what they do want, whilst hoping the player doesn’t revolt as a result.

Similar to what Celtic have done with Tierney.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m with Drew.

If Motherwell want more for Turnbull all they need to do is reject whatever offer and ask for what they do want, whilst hoping the player doesn’t revolt as a result.

Aye, that’ll work. St Mirren would have liked £1 million for Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Lewis Morgan....

meanwhile, back in the real post-Bosman world of short contracts and players / agents holding the aces...

Edited by pozbaird

Guest Moomintroll
I’m with Drew.

That is pretty much how it works which is why I am snorting with derision at the ludicrous "alleged" bid for SOD.

Guest Moomintroll
Aye, that’ll work. St Mirren would have liked £1 million for Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Lewis Morgan....
meanwhile, back in the real post-Bosman world....
If you have a player under contract you still maintain a semblance of control, yes they can spit the dummy out but then you just fine them if they refuse to train & play. They will get their move in the end but it will be closer to your valuation than the original, unsettling, derisory bid. It is all a finely choreographed dance, nobody really loses or wins in the end except for the leech that is the agent.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

meanwhile, back in the real post-Bosman world of short contracts and players / agents holding the aces...

Completely understand that but again it would have been easy for Tierney and his agent to spit the dummy out when the first offer came in.

I’m pretty consistent in my thinking on these matters - if Kilmarnock decide to go and buy, for example, Airdrie’s best prospect do you think we would be looking to take care of Airdrie or do you think we would try to get the player for the lowest possible price? 

Clubs are not there to look after other clubs, everyone is out to get the best deal.

If our board don’t think £900k is a good price for SOD and would rather keep him for a season and potentially lose him for nothing next year then I’m happy with that and confident in them to make the right decision.  If the club decides to sell for what we the fans think is a low ball offer then that is their decision to make.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Peak Poundshop Levy from Uncle Peter demanding 25 mill for Tierney while bidding under 1 mill for SOD. Fwiw if Wan-Bissaka is worth 50 mill then KT is easily worth 25 but in the context that offer is an insult.

Wait, Celtic bid for Stephen O'Donnell?! :lol:

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Who knew the Seville calculator worked for transfers also. 

I rate Tierney and hope he does move south but £25m FFS. An injured Tierney at that. Maybe Arsenal should offer to take him on loan for the season for pennies until he proves his fitness 🙂

Every Celtic player seems to carry a multiple v other Scottish Premiership teams. 

Q the outrage when we knock back a £2m offer from Celtic for Turnbull in January. Trust me they will try to offer less than before. All the while seeking anything up to £15m for Ntcham.....

It is like it is some kind of parallel universe......

Not some sort of parallel universe but European competition is a heavy indication that they can operate at a higher level. Its why Dembele went for heavy money and Morelos will not.  

As good as Turnbull has been its been for one season in the scottish league.

Guest Moomintroll
Wait, Celtic bid for Stephen O'Donnell?! [emoji38]
Hence the allegedly, look at their current RB options tbf & remember they bought Jack Hendry with actual currency so nothing is impossible.

16 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
19 minutes ago, Dele said:
Wait, Celtic bid for Stephen O'Donnell?! emoji38.png

Hence the allegedly, look at their current RB options tbf & remember they bought Jack Hendry with actual currency so nothing is impossible.

Yes made Dundee richer, they pissed that up against the wall.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Guest Moomintroll
If we sign O’Donnell it will be after we have failed to sign any c**t else. Nothing against the guy as he is decent enough for the league but would be torn apart in Europe imo.

I agree gannon, can you let your fellow fans into the secret that is common sense & being aware of the wider world outside their wee cult. Your good self (Drew Brees as well tbf) & KnightswoodBear are rare beacons of sanity on here, given what horrors Killie Kickback holds I dread to think what OF specific forums look like.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If we sign O’Donnell it will be after we have failed to sign any c**t else. Nothing against the guy as he is decent enough for the league but would be torn apart in Europe imo.

If you sign O’Donnell it will be a no-lose situation for you. Just like any ‘half decent’ player from a Scottish diddy club that you hoover up. One - they will be cheap. Two - no diddy club can stop a player joining an ugly sister. Three - if it works out for you, great, if it doesn’t, has cost thruppence ha’penny, and just pap them off to the EFL... or Hibs.

As I said though, we all have our place in the fitba’ food chain, and as a fan of a diddy club who has seen a procession of talent march out of Greenhill Road for not a lot of cash upfront, not a damn thing we can do about it.

We just need to take it up the arse and watch Sellik be a ‘Scottish greatest hits’, supplemented by some decent Johnny Foreigners like Lustig & Co, and the odd Tierney coming through.

That’s life I’m afraid. I don’t lose any sleep over it. Not any more. Scottish fitba’ isn’t worth losing sleep over.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There must be a right back between Kimmich and O'Donnell that wants to play in Scotland.