The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Making joke bids of 5m means you needn't bother God. 

I know he’s powerful but calling Lawwell god is an absolute ruddy. Also how on earth is 5 million a joke bid?

24 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

McGregor? Really? I think he’s a cracking player. 

Agreed. He scores and creates goals,tackles,covers ground and dictates play if you play him further back. I don’t know what else you can really expect from a midfielder, he’s consistent too.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Also how on earth is 5 million a joke bid?

Sunday morning bag of fag packet arithmetic

Victims value Glass Jaw @ £25m

Arsenal offer 60% of that and cue outrage calling it insulting, derisory, a joke etc etc.

Aberdeen value McKenna @ £10m and have previously turned down circa £6.5/£7m for him.

Victims offer 50% of asking price and they think it isn't a joke.

Go figure bhoys.

£10m and decent sell on percentage or f**k off (apologies for language on a Sunday)

Preferably you chose the second option.

Edited by Sheep62

£5m is tantamount to telling Scott McKenna to go home to where he came from.

Not surprising from Celtic tbh.

Thought so.

Aberdeen are at it.

We should not be singing a defender from one of the bottom 9 teams.

36 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Sunday morning bag of fag packet arithmetic

Victims value Glass Jaw @ £25m

Arsenal offer 60% of that and cue outrage calling it insulting, derisory, a joke etc etc.

Aberdeen value McKenna @ £10m and have previously turned down circa £6.5/£7m for him.

Victims offer 50% of asking price and they think it isn't a joke.

Go figure bhoys.

£10m and decent sell on percentage or f**k off (apologies for language on a Sunday)

Preferably you chose the second option.

I rate McKenna but I dont think anyone truly rates him at 10 million including Aberdeen. His stock is arguably less than what it was a year ago.

Tierney has proven to perform well at the highest level (champions league) where McKenna has been questionable at international level against low level opposition. TIerney has played alot more games than McKenna despite being nearly a year younger too.The two really aren't comparable in terms of value. 

Offering 3 times your previous transfer record for one of your players can't really be seen as a 'joke'.

FWIW I think he can be a good defender at a decent level but given Van Dijk went for 12 million he is nowhere near the level he was at when we sold him.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

What are Aberdeen basing their valuation of McKenna on? Average player at best, do not want.

Quite right Romeo, Aberdeen's greed is holding him back from his dream move.

The SFA must step in here and force Aberdeen to sell the player!

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I rate McKenna but I dont think anyone truly rates him at 10 million including Aberdeen. His stock is arguably less than what it was a year ago.

Tierney has proven to perform well at the highest level (champions league) where McKenna has been questionable at international level against low level opposition. TIerney has played alot more games than McKenna despite being nearly a year younger too.The two really aren't comparable in terms of value. 

Offering 3 times your previous transfer record for one of your players can't really be seen as a 'joke'.

FWIW I think he can be a good defender at a decent level but given Van Dijk went for 12 million he is nowhere near the level he was at when we sold him.

I'm not foolish enough to attempt to compare the two in terms of value.

However the selling club in both instances hold the aces here, given length of contract the relative players are on.

My point is purely in terms of percentages of selling club's valuation and that is where I view Celtic's offer as a joke

Edited by Sheep62

Guest Moomintroll
Not sure why Aberdeen don't sell McKenna to real Madrid or Barcelona.

a) It is Real Madrid.
b) Bore off you insufferable one eyed troll & take wasteofspacewilly with you on the way out.

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Tierney's stock is arguably less than it was a year ago. Celtic limped out of the champions league at the Diddy stage and he's been injured.

McKenna's worth in comparison to our transfer record is not relevant at all. Bizarre statement.

Van Dijk was sold years ago. The market has changed.

10 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

See we're linked with McKenna from Aberdeen again

Plz for the love of god no, especially for what they want for him.

Don't rate the guy at all

A donkey would be embarrassed to be compared to this guy.

£5m is a more than generous offer for McKenna.

If Celtic seriously sell Tierney and McGregor, and are going to be bringing in the standard of Turnbull and McKenna, then we really could have quite an interesting league on our hands next season.

Was the Celtic fan who said he wasn't bothered if McGregor left, implying he didn't rate him, actually serious?!!

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

After his performances for SSC I would suspect that is not the case. Time alone will tell.

Just accept you're wrong and move on. Makes it easier for everyone else.

There's a reason McKenna had had bids from the teams that have come in for him. He's nowhere near the finished article and never will be at Aberdeen. He's also far away from shite.