The Celtic All Seasons thread

They play more games than any other team in the league.
69 games for McGregor last season he deserves every penny.
Pretty irrelevant considering Celtic players get on average more, per game, than any other team in the league.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
56 minutes ago, Romeo said:
Highlight of a diddies year?

Trophies? Promotion? Good cup run?

Nope, Celtic potentially not signing a player.

Diddies gonna diddy.

Absolute Kincardine post that.

Needs more thinly veiled bigotry imo.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
They play more games than any other team in the league.
69 games for McGregor last season he deserves every penny.

Pretty irrelevant considering Celtic players get on average more, per game, than any other team in the league.

So you are saying Turnbull is greedy for not agreeing personal terms? 

It would seem you are suggesting that the choice is between trophies at Celtic and Money elsewhere. Trophies are available at other teams. Celtic players are highly paid.

Your points are largely pish, inkeeping with your general history on here.

Turnbull hates yous and I love him for it.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It would seem you are suggesting that the choice is between trophies at Celtic and Money elsewhere. Trophies are available at other teams. Celtic players are highly paid.

Your points are largely pish, inkeeping with your general history on here.

Turnbull hates yous and I love him for it.

If he wants more dosh than Celtic are offering him good luck to him I hope he gets it,it's a short career.
He signed a 2 and a half deal with motherwell in January so no loyalty there.

40 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:
55 minutes ago, Dele said:
Am I reading this right, Celtic beating AEK Athens and Mol Vidi would have been seen as "major success"? 

For a Scottish side to reach last 16 of champions league..yes I think that has been a major success . What do you think ?

I don't, no. Much in the same way I don't think the likes Dunfermline reaching Scottish Cup finals is a major success. 

I don't, no. Much in the same way I don't think the likes Dunfermline reaching Scottish Cup finals is a major success. 

Fair enough...for what its worth Dunfermline getting to cup final is relative success...winning it a major success. What do you consider relative success in Europe for Celtic?

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He signed a 2 and a half deal with motherwell in January so no loyalty there.

From the way I've read things, it appears it's Motherwell looking to cash in. 

Just now, Stevie67 said:
3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Fair enough...for what its worth Dunfermline getting to cup final is relative success...winning it a major success. 

Why is that? 

Dunfermline face the same amount of financial disparity that Celtic do in Europe but they have to win some thi g for it to be major success whilst Celtic only have to get a result in 3/4 games. Seems a bit odd, that. 

Why is that? 
Dunfermline face the same amount of financial disparity that Celtic do in Europe but they have to win some thi g for it to be major success whilst Celtic only have to get a result in 3/4 games. Seems a bit odd, that. 
In 134 years Dunfermline have won 2 major honours . To win a third would be a major achievement...yes?

1 minute ago, Stevie67 said:
4 minutes ago, Dele said:
Of course winning the Scottish Cup is a major achievement. :huh:

And that's what I originally said...what would constitute success in Europe for Celtic?

Yes, you also said its "major success" for Celtic to pick up (usually) around 9 points in Europe so I questioned why Celtic only have to win 3 games - 2 of which were mostly against lower seeded teams to achieve such regard yet you say Dunfermline have to actually go out and win a competition for them to achieve it. 

Yes, you also said its "major success" for Celtic to pick up (usually) around 9 points in Europe so I questioned why Celtic only have to win 3 games - 2 of which were mostly against lower seeded teams to achieve such regard yet you say Dunfermline have to actually go out and win a competition for them to achieve it. 
Yes I did..now what do you consider success for Celtic in Europe?

56 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Surely my post suggest the complete opposite unless I'm missing something?

You said Celtic players are getting paid significantly higher than anyone else in the league.
Yet Turnbull and his agent are wanting more than Celtic are offering are you saying Turnbull is greedy?
Celtic are not getting hold to ransom over a player with a one season wonder.

You said Celtic players are getting paid significantly higher than anyone else in the league.
Yet Turnbull and his agent are wanting more than Celtic are offering are you saying Turnbull is greedy?
Dreadful

Thought it was more down to him having practically no chance of first team football with Celtic.