The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
4 hours ago, Sharker said:
Gusty!....just noticed that.
What kind of bigot , knuckle dragging idiot uses the alias of a evil sadistic murdering terrorist.

It's Bob again isn't it?

It's Romeo.

The boys abused at Celtic boys club.
It's quite amazing that Rangers fans think the club are stockpiling cash to pay compensation for something that was legally nothing to do with Celtic. If there is anything paid it will be as a gesture from Celtic and nowhere near the figures they are dreaming of.

I think they should be more worried about their own clubs financial situation and the inevitable administration event that's just round the corner.

But last week they won the league next season so who am I to tell them the facts.

33 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

It's quite amazing that Rangers fans think the club are stockpiling cash to pay compensation for something that was legally nothing to do with Celtic. If there is anything paid it will be as a gesture from Celtic and nowhere near the figures they are dreaming of.

I think they should be more worried about their own clubs financial situation and the inevitable administration event that's just round the corner.

But last week they won the league next season so who am I to tell them the facts.

I believe we should pay compensation even though Im lead to believe we aren't legally required to do so. We were happy to make use of the assets from them, so we should morally have to take any liability too. If we go down Rangers route of telling the victims of we aren't legally responsible I would be very disappointed.  With our turnover It shouldn’t be an issue or even a discussion. 

Edited by gannonball

I believe we should pay compensation even though we aren't legally required to do so. We were happy to make the assets from them, so we should morally have to take any liability too. If we go down Rangers route of telling the victims of we aren't legally responsible I would be very disappointed.  With our turnover It shouldn’t be an issue or even a discussion. 
Absolutely. However there is no intention to do so as things stand.

Probably because some victims are taking legal action.
What I should have said is that right now the club has no expectation of paying anything legally or compassionately.

The idea that the cash balance has anything to do with this is nonsense. The cash balance is there as a buffer to ensure expenses are covered in the event of a £30m drop in revenue should the club miss out on the CL.

16 hours ago, Tartantony said:

What I should have said is that right now the club has no expectation of paying anything legally or compassionately.

The idea that the cash balance has anything to do with this is nonsense. The cash balance is there as a buffer to ensure expenses are covered in the event of a £30m drop in revenue should the club miss out on the CL.

Celtic face £5million compo claims from sex abuse victims as lawyers urge club to 'follow Manchester City's example'
For me Celtic need to take the lead on this whether the Celtic boys is a different entity or not. 

19 minutes ago, Sharker said:

No it hasn't.

Guilt has been proven in several courts of law.

I don't blame the present Celtic board who inherited this  but they could have handled it so much better. They could have been forced to handle it a whole lot better by our politicians  in Scotland. Many in the media have simply turned a blind eye to this as they don't want to alienate the Celtic support. The Celtic support could have put pressure on the club but they have done the exact opposite and attack anybody and any organisation who dare mentions it. 

What happened at Celtic could have happened at any club. In fact with the ongoing nationwide investigations  will probably show very few clubs were untouched by these evil b*****ds. 

I don't want to see Celtic Football Club as it is today in the dock for these historical accusations but i do want to see those who were complicit punished to the full extent of the law. Celtic Football Club could and should be offering to help the ongoing investigations and not denying any involvement. 

7 minutes ago, Gusty said:

Guilt has been proven in several courts of law.

I don't blame the present Celtic board who inherited this  but they could have handled it so much better. They could have been forced to handle it a whole lot better by our politicians  in Scotland. Many in the media have simply turned a blind eye to this as they don't want to alienate the Celtic support. The Celtic support could have put pressure on the club but they have done the exact opposite and attack anybody and any organisation who dare mentions it. 

What happened at Celtic could have happened at any club. In fact with the ongoing nationwide investigations  will probably show very few clubs were untouched by these evil b*****ds. 

I don't want to see Celtic Football Club as it is today in the dock for these historical accusations but i do want to see those who were complicit punished to the full extent of the law. Celtic Football Club could and should be offering to help the ongoing investigations and not denying any involvement. 

Celtic haven't been found guilty of anything in court? As for helping investigations...there's no one at Celtic who was around at that time?

And no one believes Ranger fans on this , we know you're just desperate to gloat over it, I didn't see Rangers fans swarming social media when the told a victim to f**k of to the Liquidators.

2 hours ago, Sharker said:

Celtic haven't been found guilty of anything in court? As for helping investigations...there's no one at Celtic who was around at that time?

And no one believes Ranger fans on this , we know you're just desperate to gloat over it, I didn't see Rangers fans swarming social media when the told a victim to f**k of to the Liquidators.

Yeh Rangers fans are the bad guys here :rolleyes:

Rangers supporters actually paid off many of the clubs creditors through the RFFF. That was solely down to the clubs support doing what they believed to be the right and just thing. Dunfermline Athletic for example were paid in full for the ticket money that they did not receive from the club. The support paid that bill in full. 

To continue to deny what has been proven in court is stomach churning to be honest. It says everything about you and the rest of the Celtic posters on here that not one of you will criticise the club. 

Yeh Rangers fans are the bad guys here :rolleyes:
Rangers supporters actually paid off many of the clubs creditors through the RFFF. That was solely down to the clubs support doing what they believed to be the right and just thing. Dunfermline Athletic for example were paid in full for the ticket money that they did not receive from the club. The support paid that bill in full. 
To continue to deny what has been proven in court is stomach churning to be honest. It says everything about you and the rest of the Celtic posters on here that not one of you will criticise the club. 
It says nothing about anyone. What you're claiming is not true, Celtic have not been found guilty of anything. People can tell you the facts without it being a defence of the club.

There are definitely still questions for Celtic to address, but in the media the club continually appear to be singled out for crimes that happened across the whole of Scottish football (and society). Most probably because the club have been so co-operative with high-profile investigations that have, thankfully, led to multiple convictions.

Everything about it is tragic and only in Scotland would it be used for one-upmanship.