The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Paul the Tim isn't in the know. He works every hour under the sun in Asda in Linwood and is the fucking slowest checkout boy in the west. I actively avoid going to his checkout as he adds about 15 minutes onto your weekly shop as he's a sloth. 

I know exactly who you’re talking about without looking him up on twitter lol

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I genuinely don't get the anger towards Brendan from some Celtic fans.  Managers change jobs for a variety of reasons, all the best to him at Leicester

Maybe the timing, dont think too many Celtic fans expected this, however I'm with you, change is what happens in football , we have the best team / squad in Scotland, Leicester have added around £6 million to our already decent bank balance.  Lenny been there, done it.

I'll start to look at seething if we start to lose regularly and miss the treble

I genuinely don't get the anger towards Brendan from some Celtic fans.  Managers change jobs for a variety of reasons, all the best to him at Leicester

The fact he was 8 wins from the title and jumps ship has probably got a lot to do with it.

Everything I've seen is that people, myself included, are disappointed that he's left before the end of the season. We've got two tough away games coming up and in just 3 months time, he could have won a treble treble and left with our best wishes and thanks for his service.

He has instead decided to bail to a mid table English team, who admittedly have some good players and won the league in 2016, where he'll likely win nothing and the best he can hope for is that a bigger team down south want him if does a decent job.

His reputation is tarnished in the eyes of many. Incredible considering his achievements but he's not coming out of this in a positive light at all.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

The fact he was 8 wins from the title and jumps ship has probably got a lot to do with it.

Dry yer eyes princess :lol: 

You're still going to win it. You know? Like you do every year. 

3 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

His reputation is tarnished in the eyes of many

Boo fuckin hoo!!!! :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Did Lennon not turn down a management role at Leicester to keep playing at Celtic? 

Not sure he was offered anything, he did quash rumours or prempt any offer saying he was happy at Celtic

Edited by LordHawHaw

Majority of Celtic fans will thank BR for the memories and quickly move on.

What sticks in ones craw is the timing of the move, not necessarily the club, as BR was never going to join a top 6 epl club no matter what he achieved in Scotland.

BR inevitably looks after himself, he's a great coach and developer of players, no doubt he'll have success wherever he goes.

Scottish football, especially at Celtic, is a quite the double edged sword. Dominate domestically and you really have to prove your worth in Europe.

Lennon struggled in the cups, but got some big scalps in Europe (not so much away from home mind).

Football management is a cut-throat business, BR recognises this all too well from his previous experiences. And of course the board hold all the cards in this game.

Our board delivered domestic success, and I genuinely think that they hired BR to cash in on the euro money rather than domestic dominance, which was understandable considering the league climate at the time.

BR didn't deliver on that front, and for all the 'Celtic man' comments to the press/fans Scottish domination wasn't doing his ego much good.

Personally, although it was indeed bad timing on BR's part and of course his reputation amongst some Celtic fans, I'm always intrigued and optimistic about our future.

Best wishes to him although timing was surprising. Personally I think it isn't a bad time for a change. Been a bit stale this season at times and his European record isn't an improvement on previous managers. A new manager ...strengthen the playing staff and a fresh outlook for next season .