The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Really does show where Celtic are in the pecking order . Not that it matters.. as long as they don't bring Deila back they'll still win the league forever. 

Another 5 million in the kitty a year from saving on Rodgers wages too as well as the "transfer" fee. Might not work out too badly for them.

Not that he was much better than Deila.

Deila win% - 63%

Rodgers win% - 69%

Rodgers was also given more budget. He knew how to use misdirection and now he is seen as a god of the unwashed.

You have to say that this shows that Rodgers has ambition, otherwise no real reason to leave Celtic. Other than getting to probably the semi final stage of the Champions League, no major clubs in England would even consider hiring him no matter what he does domestically with Celtic, it means nothing down South. However, with Leicester, if he has a successful couple of seasons with them, and given their budget and existing players he has a chance to do this if he is actually any good, then a top six club might come sniffing around him. Good move for him. I can’t see the vast majority of Celtic fans being pleased with him though. Expect a misspelt Green Brigade banner at Tynecastle tomorrow night.

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Best Job in the World :lol:

Just not quite as good as taking over at mid table Leicester 

I will give Celtic fans here some credit, they were never delusional enough to think Brendan Rodgers would never leave Celtic for a English Premier League job. Mostly.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You have to say that this shows that Rodgers has ambition, otherwise no real reason to leave Celtic. Other than getting to probably the semi final stage of the Champions League, no major clubs in England would even consider hiring him no matter what he does domestically with Celtic, it means nothing down South. However, with Leicester, if he has a successful couple of seasons with them, and given their budget and existing players he has a chance to do this if he is actually any good, then a top six club might come sniffing around him. Good move for him. I can’t see the vast majority of Celtic fans being pleased with him though. Expect a misspelt Green Brigade banner at Tynecastle tomorrow night.

It makes sense all round.

Think most reasonable Celtic fans knew he'd be off when a decent Premier league job came calling.  Leicester is about as good as it gets for him given where he is in his career and cracks were starting to show in his Celtic time, mainly in his relationships at board level.

Glad to see the back of him to be honest.

I love entitled Celtic fans absolutely raging/dumbfounded when things don't go their way. 

How favourably is Lennon's first spell looked back on? I remember him getting some good results in Europe but some hilarious bottle jobs domestically. They'll still win the league at a canter but it would be superb if someone could take the Scottish Cup off them. 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Celtic are gubbed. Their hero loyal boss leaves and then rangers win the title.
Lolzers

The timing is the only bit that annoys me. Always knew he would go back down south, and he was never going to get one of the top 6 jobs after Liverpool.

Speaking to my mates who are rangers fans at the weekend, and they had given up on the league. This now gives them a wee shot in the arm to keep going.

Absolutely gutted I don't have a ticket for Tynecastle tomorrow night for the first time in ages. Predicting a 6-5 win for Celtic, with Lennon scoring the winner himself then aeroplaneing it all round the ground, only to be scudded from behind by a kung-fu style kick to the head by Craig Levein.

I honestly fucking love Scottish football. There's never a dull day compared to the pish down south for example...

3 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I love entitled Celtic fans absolutely raging/dumbfounded when things don't go their way. 

How favourably is Lennon's first spell looked back on? I remember him getting some good results in Europe but some hilarious bottle jobs domestically. They'll still win the league at a canter but it would be superb if someone could take the Scottish Cup off them. 

Can they redo the quarter-final draw?

A Hibs v Celtic final with a last-minute winner from Kamberi would have been glorious.